DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Why failed to install Dnn 804?

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Dear Dnn Guru

This is not the first time I install Dnn804 in Windows 2012 server. Previously I install the Dnn804 in Windows2012 server successfully. This time I want to install Dnn804 in a new Windows2012 server, The first step for "Enter your account information" was installed successfully. The second step was proceeded into the stage at which the information showed: :"0:09 Minutes   |   23% ERROR:Access to 'C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Install\Cleanup\03.00.08.txt' denied." and stuck at this point. At right pan, the stages showed: File and Folder Permissions Check was OK, Database Installation was not finished. I checked the SQL Database and found that the tables and the stored procedures were installed. But the database installation was not successful. I installed several times and showed all the same information. I am not sure what happened to this installation. Hope the Dnn guru can help me to fix this problem.

Thanks

Jimmy

Veteran Member

I can't answer the "why" question.

However I can make a suggestion: Download and install nvQuickSite (https://www.nvquicksite.com/) and use it to do the install. nvQuicksite will download your choice of DNN releases, create the database, create the website, create and populate the website directory, and set up all of the necessary items including file permissions. And it will do this in just a few minutes.

Try it. You'll like it!
      Joe Craig
      DNN MVP
      Patapsco Research Group

Veteran Member

Jimmy,

there were some issues with long running scripts in DNN 8 - I don't remember which version exactly, but it could be this.

Another issue that happened to a friend of mine was looking quite the same (and you should not panic because of that, but maybe it's something to check): His SQL Server user databases were stored on a RAID 5 system of SSDs, and one of them was dying. This caused massive performance issues when running the installation scripts. After changing the disk and rebuilding the disk group, everything was OK...

Happy DNNing!
        Michael

Michael Tobisch
        DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
        DNN Connect

New Around Here

Dear Michael Tobisch and Joe Craig

Thank you two very much for your advices. I now fix the problems. I change the IIS DefaultAppPool to NetworkService. Then the installation is successful.

Thanks again
          Jimmy

Veteran Member

Congratulations.

Your experience is one that is the reason that I encourage the use of nvQuickSite for installing DNN. It creates all of the items needed, the accounts, database, users, and permissions needed for an installation.
            Joe Craig
            DNN MVP
            Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

Dear Joe Craig
              Thank yoou very much! Yes, nvQuickSite Installer is a good software for installing DNN plateform., I will try it later.

Regards

Jimmy
              You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
              2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
              3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
              4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
              5. No Flaming or Trolling.
              6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
              7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
              8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved