• Login
  • Register

DNN Forums

A community discussion page. We're starting from scratch, so...let's get the party started!

Could DnnImageHandler.ashx be missing

You are not authorized to post a reply.
Sort:
Page 2 of 3 << < 123 > >>

Advanced Member

Advanced Member

See Mariettes post - the "add key" entry is necessary (in the appSettings section, where you find the other "add key" configurations).

Happy DNNing!
    Michael

Michael Tobisch
    DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
    DNN Usergroup für den deutschsprachigen Raum
    DNN Connect

es and I did that. As my last post mentioned, I am now in Error 500 territory for the icon files for profiles.

Advanced Member

Advanced Member

Simon,

this is strange. It works fine here with me, but this is not helpful...

Here are the lines from my web.config:

<_ configuration _>
              [...]
              <_ appSettings _>
                 [...]
                 <_ add key="DnnImageHandler" value="EnableServerCache=false;" / _>
                 [...]
              <_ /appSettings _>
              [...]
              <_ system.webServer _>
                 [...]
                 <_ handlers _>
                    [...]
                    <_ add name="DnnImageHandler" path="DnnImageHandler.ashx" verb="*" type="DotNetNuke.Services.GeneratedImage.DnnImageHandler, DotNetNuke" preCondition="integratedMode" / _>
                    [...]
                 <_ /handlers _>
                 [...]
              <_ /system.webServer _>
              [...]
           <_ /configuration _>

When there is no avatar available, the handler should show some gray head without a face as the default image for profile pictures.

Hope that helps.

Happy DNNing!
        Michael

Michael Tobisch
        DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
        DNN Connect

Hi Michael, and thanks fo the response.

I finally got those lines in the correct place in the config file and all works as you say.

As I went on the say, the standard icons now fail to load with Error 500. I think these are called by the skin and it asks for them from the DNN7 location and not the DNN9 location. I have duplicated the icon folder and contents where the skin is asking for them from. See my post prior to yours for the URLs.

Regards

Advanced Member

Advanced Member

Posted By Simon Thompson on 03 Dec 2019 07:09 AM

[...]

I now get an Error 500. The image being called for is /DesktopModules/~/Icons/Sigma/Users_32x32_Standard.png

[...]

Simon,

first, I am glad we solved the configuration problems from the web.config file.

The path (that I quoted) is really strange, and I have no idea where it comes from.

"~/Icons/Sigma/Users_32x32_Standard.png" is some syntax in ASP.Net that it should start in the root of the application (which is normally "/Icons/Sigma/..."). The "/DesktopModules/" in front of it does not make any sense, where is the origin of that? What module are we talking about? Or could that be an issue of the skin, or a skin object?

Happy DNNing!
            Michael

Michael Tobisch
            DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
            DNN Connect
            You are not authorized to post a reply.
            Page 2 of 3 << < 123 > >>

These Forums are dedicated to discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. No Advertising. This includes promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
            2. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
            3. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
            4. No Flaming or Trolling.
            5. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
            6. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
            7. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved