DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

DNN 9.2.1 install where the Persona Bar is not displaying correctly

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>

New Around Here

I have a DNN 9.2.1 install where the Persona Bar is not displaying correctly. Just the DNN logo is displaying. None of the Admin sections are displayed.

Chrome's developer console displays "DesktopModules/editBar/common/API/localization/gettable?culture=en-US:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)" for the following resources:

https://mywebsite.com/Des...ttable?culture=en-US
    https://mywebsite.com/API...ttable?culture=en-US

Any Ideas how to fix?
    Thanks in advance.

Veteran Member

I have seen references to that happening, and you might be able to find some by searching here in the forums. Unfortunately I don't recall what was happening.

I would maybe suggest that you upgrade to the DNN 9.4.3 as there is a chance that something has been fixed.
      Joe Craig
      DNN MVP
      Patapsco Research Group

Veteran Member

You could try this:

https://dnndocs.com/conte...-missing-persona-bar

The web.config file is missing the correct assembly binding.

Access the web.config file.
        Look for the assemblyIdentity node.
            # assemblyIdentity name="Newtonsoft.Json" publicKeyToken="30ad4fe6b2a6aeed"

In the assemblyIdentity node, replace the bindingRedirect tag with the following:
             #bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-32767.32767.32767.32767" newVersion="7.0.0.0"

In IIS Manager, restart your website.

Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.

In the Actions panel on the right, click/tap Manage Server > Restart.

Veteran Member

2 other options that were mentioned:

A. Open Url Rewiter can cause this issue, please downlaod the latest version when you are using it https://github.com/sachat...UrlRewriter/releases

B. Sometimes deleting the resources files from the folder /DesktopModules/Admin/Dnn.PersonaBar/Resources helps

New Around Here

The version setting was already newVersion="10.0.0.0". Changing it to newVersion="7.0.0.0" crashed the site

New Around Here

Deleting "/DesktopModules/Admin/Dnn.PersonaBar/Resources" did not help.

Is the "Open Url Rewiter" a module that has to be install through the DNN Admin panel? If so, is there another way to get it installed? T DNN panel is not displaying. 

Veteran Member

You should only install the upgrade if it's already installed.

New Around Here

Installing an upgrade is not the issue that I asked about. I asked, if access to the Admin panel was necessary to install the update?. As my posts have stated, the Admin panel functions are not visible,. Only the DNN logo is being displayed. So installing using the modules and add-on installation functions is not possible. There is nothing to select in the panel. My question is is there another way to do an the installation to try and fix the display issue?

Growing Member

I had an issue with icons not displaying. It was due to moving to a newer version of IIS. A module installed Static Content mime types .SVG .WOFF and .WOFF2

.Woff2 is already added in newer versions of IIS. Having this in the web config caused icons not to show up on my site and is a known IIS issue if you declare it twice it will bug out your icons.

open your web.config file and see if staticContent is present and remove the mimeMap for .Woff2

To answer your question about an upgrade, after making a complete backup of files and database... you can upgrade just by uploading the upgrade package then type this URL in

https://www.yourdomain.co...l/upgradewizard.aspx

you should be able to walk through the upgrade process.

I hope this clears it up for you if I am reading this right.
                    Cody

New Around Here

Cody,

Thanks for the tip.

My web.config only had the following in it. I removed it to see if it helped. I did not.

And there is not install/upgradewizard.aspx file in my installation.

So, problem still not solved.

Keith E.

You are not authorized to post a reply.
                      Page 1 of 212 > >>

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved