DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

DNN 9.2.1 install where the Persona Bar is not displaying correctly

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Veteran Member

The install directory gets cleared out after installation completes on modern DNN installs. So, you'll have to go to the install package, and manually copy the install directory into your DNN install. Don't forget to clear out modules, etc that also will be copied so that they don't get reinstalled,
    Joe Craig
    DNN MVP
    Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

I had to upload the install/upgradewizard.aspx. I ran it however there is no change in behavior. Still no admin menu displayed.
      The database still says verion 9.2

Veteran Member

Did you upload the upgrade package to your installation's root directory? If you do that you don't need to manually fiddle with the install directory (sorry if I posted a somewhat confused description previously).

Once you upload the upgrade package, all that you need to do to kick off the upgrade is browse to your site.
        Joe Craig
        DNN MVP
        Patapsco Research Group

Growing Member

I notice you are using 9.2.1, Have you tried downloading the 9.4.4 recently released upgrade package. Upload the entire upgrade package then run the upgradwizard.aspx.

You probably need more than just the upgradewizard.aspx file as you may also require
          install/install.aspx
          and
          install/dotnetnuke.install.config.resources
          as they get removed and should be removed after any upgrade installations as they can be used maliciously potentially if left in the install directory.

You will need those two files to run the InstallResources mode. You can put all the modules you feel need installed.
          More info here: https://dnndocs.com/conte.../index.html#solution

If you upgrade to 9.4.4 will make the personabar extensions as one complete package. Remove any extra leftovers if you are not just showing the Personal Bar 9.4.4 version after the upgrade.

Hope this helps.

New Around Here

I'm not a novice, and have experimented with every remedy suggested, whether here in this thread or over at DNN github. Most of my attempts were against DNN 9.3.2. I am more than happy to put in the time and resources necessary to try and get at isolating the true cause, and in that vein have devoted many hours so far, resulting in failure. None of the suggestions I've come across resolve the issue.

For a while, I thought that the issue had to do with sites that had custom Admin/Host pages defined. When that didn't prove true, I moved on to see if localization was a factor. Along the way, I've tried to find some commonality in the underlying menu table, to no success.

The only thing I see in these failed attempts is that the persona bar Resources file doesn't get updated for whatever reason. (yes, I have tried removing it before/after the upgrade, etc.). And the only other item that seems somewhat relevant is that I don't use autoupgrade or resourcewizard, and do the old school method of calling /Install/Install.aspx?mode=upgrade. Perhaps that is the culprit?

Eric Swanzey Farms Digital

New Around Here

This weekend I successfully updated a few dozen sites of all shapes and sizes from DNN 9.3.2 to DNN 9.4.4. It is a very strong release, and I want to thank all of the volunteers who have contributed so much of their time, skills and sweat in getting the Community Edition to a much better place than it has been in a LONG time.

In regards to the Persona Bar issue -- gettable console error; missing menus; just the DNN logo displaying at the top of the column -- I've narrowed it down to an installed module. So far, all of the DNN installations that exhibit this issue for me are running DnnSharp's SearchBoost 05.00.130 ("Tested Hotfix" version). Incidentally, updating SearchBoost to v05.00.141 ("Dev Version") fails to correct the issue. Everything upgrades successfully and there are no errors in the DNN logs, IIS logs, or Windows Server logs. But, the file /DesktopModules/Admin/Dnn.PersonaBar/Resources/LocalResources.en-US.resources never gets updated to the new version.

I hope this is helpful to others who are seeing this issue. DnnSharp has this notice posted on their site: "Please note that currently our products are not fully compatible with DNN v9.4. We are in the process of fixing all the compatibility issues but, for the moment, we recommend waiting for a more stable platform release." I disagree with their statement that we should "wait for a more stable platform release."

Eric Swanzey Farms Digital

Veteran Member

ok, thanks for posting this.

New Around Here

I know this post is rather old and thank you for your input. I have upgraded my site to 9.5.0 but still no PersonaBar. There are two culprit modules that are causing issues. Questions are: 

How can I remove an extension if PersonaBar is not present and likewise how can I install without the persona bar? 

Thank you

New Around Here

Thanks for the insight regarding the .Woff2 issue . In my installation .Woff2 was not in the web.config file. So, I am still stuck with no Persona Bar.

New Around Here

Is there a fix for this DnnSharp issue? I am still stuck with no Persona Bar.

You are not authorized to post a reply.
                      Page 2 of 2 << < 12

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved