DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

9.4.4 RC1 upgrade Issue

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Growing Member

First off I like to thank the fast response to this latest update.  Just flat out AWESOME!  Nice work from the reporting to the testing all the way to getting this release to the masses to test.  I applaus you and encore!

Everything seems stable and upgraded ok I just found one error in logs so far.  I am not sure if this issue is only for this one instance as I update it from one RC to the next as it is my beta site but I did get one error while upgrading.

It may not be worth reporting so just wanted to share it here to see if it is only my one installation.  I have a few other sites I may be able to test the update on once I back them up.

AbsoluteURL /install/upgradewizard.aspx DefaultDataProvider DotNetNuke.Dat 

AbsoluteURL:/install/upgradewizard.aspx

DefaultDataProvider:DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider, DotNetNuke

ExceptionGUID:67271f0e-75f1-40d0-91ca-65adfb263322

ExceptionHash:EcKpU9IhgBxklkM1klL0uU7Y5EQ=

Message:The process cannot access the file '....\install\upgradestat.log.resources.txt' because it is being used by another process.

StackTrace

InnerMessage:The process cannot access the file '...\Install\upgradestat.log.resources.txt' because it is being used by another process.

InnerStackTrace:

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
       at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
       at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
       at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append, Boolean checkHost)
       at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
       at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append)
       at System.IO.File.CreateText(String path)
       at DotNetNuke.Services.Install.UpgradeWizard.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Advanced Member

Do you have antivirus running that is scanning those directories?

Mariette Knap
      Microsoft MVP Alumni

Growing Member

I do have an antivirus application on the server however it has never shown an error like this in the past.

Advanced Member

Always make sure you exclude antivirus from scanning any directory within your IIS site and ALSO exclude it from scanning .Net temp folders
          Mariette Knap
          Microsoft MVP Alumni

Growing Member

Advanced Member

Yes, that is a good article. I don't run any antivirus on my web servers
              Mariette Knap
              Microsoft MVP Alumni

Growing Member

Microsoft Defender automatically puts all the rules in place for whatever roles are installed on the server as I investigated that as well. When the Web Server role is installed and Windows Defender is enabled all the AV exception rules are created as needed.

This server had not had the exceptions setup and is using a paid AV which is probably related to this issue.

I upgraded a 9.3.0 to 9.4.4 successfully no errors on this same machine instance. Updated, removed, deleted users, created moved some pages around... still doing stuff on them. Installed latest DNN Events 7.4 from 6.2 successfully. So far so good other than an issue with updating the version of a few modules from 9.3.2 to 9.4.4 which is not a big deal if it is even an issue I just reported on github.

thank you
                Cody

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved