DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

301 redirect

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Hello,

we would like to create 301 redirects from old website to new website that we have made. The problem is that there is 1500+ redirects.

Do you have any suggestion what would be the best possible way to create them? is there any extension? i think if we paste them in web.config there may be a problem.

Thank you for you help.

Best regards,

Denis

Veteran Member

Denis,

there is a module by 40fingers: https://www.40fingers.net.../DNN-SEO-Redirect.If you can define regular expressions for the redirects, it should not be too much problem to realize it.

Happy DNNing!
      Michael

Michael Tobisch
      DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
      DNN Connect

Veteran Member

You might want to take at look at https://github.com/DNN-Connect/Dnn-Powershell

It seems that you could use this module to script creation of the 1500+ pages, and configure each page to be a redirect to the URL of your choice.

Should you try this, I'd be more than interested to hear the results.
        Joe Craig
        DNN MVP
        Patapsco Research Group

Veteran Member

Posted By Pixsna on 17 Dec 2019 02:14 AM

Hello,

we would like to create 301 redirects from old website to new website that we have made. The problem is that there is 1500+ redirects.

Do you have any suggestion what would be the best possible way to create them? is there any extension? i think if we paste them in web.config there may be a problem.

Thank you for you help.

Best regards,

Denis

As Michael suggested this is exactly the use case we created our Seo Redirect module for.
          It uses an xml file for the redirects so you can also "generate" your own.
          When you do that, make sure the ID "field" is unique, but it can be any number.
          https://www.40fingers.net...cts/DNN-SEO-Redirect

New Around Here

Thank you all!

New Around Here

Timo, thanks for your reply.

I was just testing your module and its great. I just have one questions:

1: is there any way to see more than top10 unhandled url's? i would like to check top 100 or even top 500.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Denis

Veteran Member

Yes, there's a setting for it.

New Around Here

Thanks for you reply, can u please tell me where can i find this option.

Veteran Member

In the module settings there's a "40Fingers SeoRedirect Settings" tab.

New Around Here

amazing, thank you !

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved