DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Defaul Pages not accesiable 9.1.1.1

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Growing Member

I have an upgraded site up and running, however when i try and look at the default pages i get the error

'There was an error retrieving your content. Please check your internet connection'

This happens when not only connecting via my intranet (This is a internal site only), but also when i go to the server that it sits on and run it from there.

I have seen some posts about this in earlier versins, and other about the search page being removed, which it hasn't, so I am stumped, no errors are in the log file either which is really confusing.

Anyone get this and solve it, would really like to have this working.

Veteran Member

Is there anything in the log / browser console?
      And are you on community edition or Evoq?
      Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
      Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
      We just love DNN
      https://www.tjeps.com

Growing Member

Nothing in the logs that is helpful, although I do need to start looking at this again, to get SS working, so will re run and see what happens.

Growing Member

So this is the error i see in the portal logs

2020-01-07 12:07:24,408 [SERVERNAME][Thread:21][ERROR] Dnn.PersonaBar.SiteSettings.Services.SiteSettingsController - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
             at Dnn.PersonaBar.SiteSettings.Services.SiteSettingsController.GetDefaultPagesSettings(Nullable`1 portalId, String cultureCode)

1 suggestion i saw suggested updating the newtonsoft dll from 7 to at least 9, (upgraded to 10), so did that, but no difference, still fails every time

Veteran Member

Which versions of DNN are you using? Where did you start? Which version did you use for upgrade.
            Joe Craig
            DNN MVP
            Patapsco Research Group

Growing Member

Sorry Joe, somehow missed your questions.

Upgraded to platform 9.1.1, and have upgraded the base project to the same, I started at 7.2

New Around Here

Has this been solved as I am extremely frustrated with this error. I have followed quite a few threads regarding this issue and still continue to receive the "There was an error retrieving your content. Please check your internet connection." (only on the Site Settings/Site Info and Site Settings/Site Behavior/Default Pages). This is on a brand new Dev site upgraded to 9.4.4. I noticed the error originally at the 9.1.1 version, but thought lets upgrade to see if a newer revision solved the issue.

When I look at chromes dev console I am getting:
                https://wcsoht.com/API/Pe...=0&cultureCode=en-US 400
                Which seems to be getting the portal ID correctly versus other posts where I have seen it be undefined.

I have tried the:
                - Newtosoft.json fixes with no resolve
                - removing the DesktopModules/Admin/Dnnpersonabar/Resourses/localresources.en-us.resources file with no resolve
                - Permissions at the root with no resolve.
                A variety of other fixes that have apparently fixed other users installations, but none have since fixed mine. Just can't come up with anything viable to alleviate this issue.
                You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved