Posted By Tycho de Waard (SU) on 13 Jan 2020 06:55 AM
And...if you use DNN Sharp there are 2 things:
1. There is a NewtonSoft patch on their website which is needed.
2, You can not upgrade to 9.4.x currently as their modules have not upgraded. So, 9.3.2. would be the max.
- remove modules you don't use
- review if you use modules that are maintained. If you use anything older than - say - 2 years, think if you can still trust the quality/security.
- upgrade modules to the latest current versions
- Newtonsoft patch (if needed)
- Install CKeditor (DNN Connect version), switch to CKeditor, Uninstall Radedtor
- Upgrade DNN
Thanks for the valuable input! I see DNNConnect.CKE entry in the web.config file, under htmlEditor section. Do I still need to install CKeditor again? If so, where do I get it from and why?
I tried copying the htmlEditor section from web.config, but the site keeps removing it. It has entries for both RedEditorProvider and CKEEditorProvider and defaultProvider is set to RadEditorProvider.