• Login
  • Register

DNN Forums

A community discussion page. We're starting from scratch, so...let's get the party started!

DNN upgrade to 9.4.4 and Telerik controls

You are not authorized to post a reply.
Sort:
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Posted By Tycho de Waard (SU) on 13 Jan 2020 06:55 AM
    And...if you use DNN Sharp there are 2 things:
    1. There is a NewtonSoft patch on their website which is needed.
    2, You can not upgrade to 9.4.x currently as their modules have not upgraded. So, 9.3.2. would be the max.

In general:
    - remove modules you don't use
    - review if you use modules that are maintained. If you use anything older than - say - 2 years, think if you can still trust the quality/security.
    - upgrade modules to the latest current versions
    - Newtonsoft patch (if needed)
    - Install CKeditor (DNN Connect version), switch to CKeditor, Uninstall Radedtor
    - Upgrade DNN

Thanks for the valuable input! I see DNNConnect.CKE entry in the web.config file, under htmlEditor section. Do I still need to install CKeditor again? If so, where do I get it from and why?

I tried copying the htmlEditor section from web.config, but the site keeps removing it. It has entries for both RedEditorProvider and CKEEditorProvider and defaultProvider is set to RadEditorProvider.

After reading further I have more questions: Is RadEditorProvider used by only DNN modules that have text editors? or even custom module that have hardcoded RadEditor controls use it? In all of our custom modules, we directly use RadEditor tags without checking what editor is the default. Trying to figure out what is least time consuming way to get this site upgraded to 9.3.2.

Basic Member

Basic Member

If you're directly using RadEditor in your modules and you've updated the Telerik assembly in the bin folder with your newer licensed version, you shouldn't need to change anything with your custom modules. DNN's rich text editor will only be using if you're using the DNN rich text editor control.
        DNN partner specializing in custom, enterprise DNN development https://engagesoftware.com/showcase
        You are not authorized to post a reply.
        Page 2 of 2 << < 12

These Forums are dedicated to discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. No Advertising. This includes promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
        2. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
        3. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
        4. No Flaming or Trolling.
        5. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
        6. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
        7. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved