DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

DNN 9.4.4: Page Url configuration and accented characters

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Hey guys and gals!

I have a localized page with a name, that contains an accented char. It's resolved via Settings -> SEO -> Convert Accented Characters, so the "Ü" is replaced by its plain ASCII equivalent "U". For any German it's clear that it should be replaced by "Ue", so I wanted to correct it using Content -> Pages -> Page Details -> Page URL, but the field doesn't exist anymore in DNN 9.4.4 (advanced urls are activated)

Looking at Content -> Pages -> Advanced -> SEO, DNN auto generated a strange set of URLs:
    Usually it should generate 4 times /uber-uns Active (200) - one for each PortalAlias.

Instead..

... 8 versions are being generated, 4x /uber-uns and 4x /uberuns. 2 of the 4 /uber-uns are Redirect (301), 2 of them are Active (200).
    When I tried to add the correct /ueber-uns for the /de-de/ alias and Active (200), the URL is saved but only for the default Portal Alias, thus it didn't work for the localized german version. Changing the PortalAlias and saving again didn't work either. Only after changing the CultureCode field directly in the TabUrls table it's working as intended.

So here's a few questions:

• Was the Page URL field replaced by Content -> Pages -> Advanced -> SEO?
    • Why does DNN generate extra Link-URLs for uberuns? Bug or am I missing something?
    • What's the current best practice to change a page url?

Regards,
    Alois Krichmayr
    www.sierzega.com

Veteran Member

Alois,

you may add a Url containing the language in Content :: Pages :: Page Details :: Page URL, e.g. etc./de/ueber-uns.

To your questions:

1) it seems so
      2) don't know - funny enough, these Urls are not stored in the TabUrls table. But they do not really upset me...
      3) no idea, sorry.

When I create an English page for that I get 3 Urls here, and - keep your breath, they are:

/about-us | Active (200) | Automatic

The Url should definitely be /en/about-us, but I can add this.

I would consider this as a bug...

Maybe someone from the development team may bring a little more light in the matter.

Happy DNNing!
      Michael

Michael Tobisch
      DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
      DNN Connect

Veteran Member

I see there is something in Settings :: SEO :: Url Management :: General, where you can turn off automatic Url generation ("Concatenate Page URLs"). Maybe worth looking at this setting (and the other settings there).

Happy DNNing!
        Michael

Michael Tobisch
        DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
        DNN Connect

New Around Here

Hello Michael,

thank you for your answer.
          I played around with Settings -> SEO -> Url Management. It does change things, e.g. unchecking "Concatenate Page URLs" results in 4x /uberuns as intended.

My goal of properly replacing the german umlauts "ä, ö & ü" to the corresponding "ae, oe & ue" is wonky at best at the moment, but with a little manual work on the TabUrls table it works fine.

Regards,
          Alois Krichmayr
          www.sierzega.com
          You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
          2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
          3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
          4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
          5. No Flaming or Trolling.
          6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
          7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
          8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved