DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Image in File System being marked 404 by browser

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Growing Member

I am using the Banner/Vendor module (version 8.1) on a site (9.4.4) and needed to update an image.

The new image uploaded just fine and I can see it in File Manager, but the Banner Vendor module shows a missing image symbol at the top of the page, even when it shows the image in the image upload section.

The image also fails to appear on the bottom of each page as it should, See https://www.flying15.org.uk, near the bottom of each page are 3 banners (or should be) the missing image is obvious.

I have synched the File system more than once. I have cleared the site cache and restarted the site a number of times.

I use Cloudflare on this site (professional level) and have cleared the cache there and switched to development mode but neither has an effect.

Any ideas?

Growing Member

I have solved my own problem!

It appears perhaps that the filenaming for the image was not liked. It was called P+B_F15_banner.jpg when it failed; now called PB2020F15banner.jpg and it worked.

What part of the first filename was my problem?

Veteran Member

My guess is "+".
        Joe Craig
        DNN MVP
        Patapsco Research Group

Veteran Member

Simon,

Joe is right. A "+" sign in an Url is interpreted as a space. See also https://www.w3schools.com...s/ref_urlencode.ASP.

Happy DNNing!
          Michael

Michael Tobisch
          DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
          DNN Connect

Veteran Member

For once in my life!
            Joe Craig
            DNN MVP
            Patapsco Research Group

Veteran Member

Posted By Joe Craig on 31 Jan 2020 09:00 AM
              For once in my life!

;-)

Michael Tobisch
              DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
              DNN Connect
              You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
              2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
              3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
              4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
              5. No Flaming or Trolling.
              6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
              7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
              8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved