DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

KendoUI

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

I HAD THESE working, and removed something not needed & now they are broken again,   [ DNN 9 ] - new Module 

I FEEL it has to do with jQuery, because the SAME code works as HTML but when installed into DNN it keeps trowing errors.  If I add JQuery to the Module it has errors, 

JavaScript.RequestRegistration(CommonJs.jQuery)  --  Tried this too, no errors, but controls do not render.

Is there a way to override JQuery from DNN with or to check the Version or if it is loaded?   I am lost for a resolution, but do know it has to do with loading in th needed version of JQuery for the controls to work.  

https://demos.telerik.com...tepicker/index   -- EXACT CODE  just deployed in a Module & installed on DNN

function execute failed: "$(...).kendoTimePicker is not a function" on: function () {

$("#timepicker").kendoTimePicker({
                dateInput: true
            });

// create DatePicker from input HTML element
            $("#datepicker").kendoDatePicker();

$("#monthpicker").kendoDatePicker({
                // defines the start view
                start: "year",

// defines when the calendar should return date
                depth: "year",

// display month and year in the input
                format: "MMMM yyyy",

// specifies that DateInput is used for masking the input element
                dateInput: true
            });
        }

Thank you for taking the time, I have spent numerouse weeks now going in circles and unable to resolve this.

Growing Member

This will most likely be an issue for you, the version of jQuery included in DNN is set based on the version that you are running. Although technically possible upgrading that version isn't supported at this time.

I would look to see if KendoUI can be adjusted to support the current version
      Mitchel Sellers
      Technology Advisory Group Leader
      CEO @ IowaComputerGurus, Inc. a DNN & .NET Solutions Provider
      Technical Blog: MitchelSellers.com

New Around Here

https://docs.telerik.com/...rting/jquery-support

Or is there better controls that do not require newer jQery?

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
        2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
        3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
        4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
        5. No Flaming or Trolling.
        6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
        7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
        8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved