DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

DNN STuff SqL view Pro

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

first, I have no idea as to what road I go down but thought that I would start here.

I installed the module and it worked great for 2 + years. Now the export to excel option does not work. If I update the module, I get a page can't be displayed error. 

I have two trains of thought. Either it is the module or the SQL Query. The Query works in SQL Server Management Studio. Any thoughts or advice that one has would be great

Veteran Member

Did the module fail after a DNN upgrade?
      Joe Craig
      DNN MVP
      Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

The updates/upgrades are done by someone else so it's possible that this failed after one of the many updates/upgrades that have occurred in the two years. 

Veteran Member

Even though DNNStuff went out of business in 2017, Richard put all of the modules on GitHub as open source projects.

https://github.com/redtempo

So, there may be a later version there.
          Joe Craig
          DNN MVP
          Patapsco Research Group

Growing Member

You're kind of lucky here on this open source project because it is the only project of his that is in C#. You might submit the issue https://github.com/redtem...ff.sqlviewpro/issues looks like a few issues submitted maybe you can submit your issue and insight to help someone resolve the issue and create a pull request with a fix it.

Veteran Member

"This project is not being maintained going forward."

When he went out of the DNN Module business, Richard was thoughtful and kind enough to make all of the modules open source and available on GitHub.

Anyone willing and able can fix issues and issue new releases, I think.
              Joe Craig
              DNN MVP
              Patapsco Research Group
              You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
              2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
              3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
              4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
              5. No Flaming or Trolling.
              6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
              7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
              8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved