DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

MinimalExtropy skin in DNN 8+ ?

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 3123 > >>

Growing Member

After some (solved) troubles with portal upgrade, now I focus to fix MinimalExtropy skin, it have some issues under DNN 8 and later. I need to keep it, because most of my contents rely on layout based on TopPane, LeftPane, ContentPane, RightPane which is not available in other skins. 
    Not functional skin cause 2 issues:
    a) websites menu and submenus are all expanded, so I need to scroll down like 4 screens over all lines to see real contents. That is related to SolPartMenu ? When I open index full.ascx there is referenced only DDRmenunavigatorprovider which should keep working, right ?
    b) container render exceptions (mention SolPartActions) instead of contents, after I remove some lines from Title_blue.ascx exceptions are gone, content visible, but some buttons in Edit Mode are not displayed (pen, wheel, 4wayArrow), how to solve it ?

Veteran Member

I would not spend time on this skin TBH.
      It's old, xhtml not html5, not responsive and the question is if you will get the menu to work in older browsers.
      I think using a newser skin and renaming the panes to the pane names you are using is less work.

There are two things you need to do if you really want to get it to work in DNN 8+.

A. Replace the Solpart menu in the skin with DRR, there's a drop in replacement for it although there will be some styling issues AFAIK.
      B. Remove all references to Solpart from the containers.

HTH

Growing Member

Portal run in intranet environment, so browsers are under control.
        How to replace the Solpart menu in the skin with DRR ?

Veteran Member

Growing Member

I red that post, but it didn't help at all. Here I found something related to SolPartMenu, but again I need to repeat that I didn't found any reference to SolPartMenu inside index full.ascx of MinimalExtropy skin.

Did I focus to right file ? Or is my issue really related to SolPartMenu ?

Here I uploaded what I mean by "menu and submenus are all expanded".

Veteran Member

I didn't read your initial message carefully enough.  Those refer to containers, not the skin.

The easiest fix is to make your default (and other) container be one from Xcillion.  If you need the "blue" part, you should be able to take a closely matching Xcillion skin ad add appropriate styling.  I'd copy and rename the container and style it.

Joe Craig
            DNN MVP
            Patapsco Research Group

Veteran Member

Ok, as I created this Theme about 10 years ago, here's an update for DNN9.

https://github.com/Timo-D...eleases/tag/01.01.00

Veteran Member

Thanks, Timo!
                Joe Craig
                DNN MVP
                Patapsco Research Group

Growing Member

Great, thanks. Apparently it can be applicable also to DNN8.
                  There remain only issue where icons of buttons in Edit Mode are not displayed (pen, wheel, 4wayArrow). Here is screenshot. How to fix it ?

BTW: Issue with "menus and submenus are all expanded" was solved by clicking by Admin > Themes > Parse Theme Package.
                  Not sure what it does, but it helped :-)

Growing Member

There remain only issue where icons of buttons

Never mind, after one hour they appear normally (webbrowser cache/issue ??)
                    You are not authorized to post a reply.
                    Page 1 of 3123 > >>

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                    2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                    3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                    4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                    5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                    6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                    7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                    8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved