DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

MinimalExtropy skin in DNN 8+ ?

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 3 << < 123 > >>

Veteran Member

Posted By Michal on 15 Feb 2020 06:13 AM
    There remain only issue where icons of buttons

Never mind, after one hour they appear normally (webbrowser cache/issue ??)

Probably

Growing Member

Hi, after longer testing by users (on testing server upgraded to v 9.1.1), there appear issue related to "a) websites menu and submenus". Clicking "Parse Theme Package" fixed it's rendering, but there is some issue with each menu item (=page), where URL/link is not presented to webbrowser. Due to this, its not possible open page in new tab by clicking middle mouse button or right click and select "Open link in new tab" - this option is missing. Also when user hover mouse over menu, link is not displayed in webbrowser's status bar.
      How to solve it ?

Veteran Member

Check the page settings for each of those pages. Is it possible that navigation to those pages is disabled? If so, enable them.
        Joe Craig
        DNN MVP
        Patapsco Research Group

Growing Member

Navigation is not disabled, before upgrade it worked normally. And uder diffrent skin (even in preview) page links are visibled by webbrowser.

Veteran Member

Posted By Michal on 20 Feb 2020 09:32 AM
            Hi, after longer testing by users (on testing server upgraded to v 9.1.1), there appear issue related to "a) websites menu and submenus". Clicking "Parse Theme Package" fixed it's rendering, but there is some issue with each menu item (=page), where URL/link is not presented to webbrowser. Due to this, its not possible open page in new tab by clicking middle mouse button or right click and select "Open link in new tab" - this option is missing. Also when user hover mouse over menu, link is not displayed in webbrowser's status bar.
            How to solve it ?

AFAIK the old menu used javascript for these links and thus they are not "normal" links.
            I think parsing the skin might have reversed the skin back to an older version of the menu.

Veteran Member

BTW, in what browser are you testing?

Growing Member

Webbrowsers are IE 11, Vivaldi 2.8, Firefox 73
                I think all others are affected.

Veteran Member

I juste tested the skin on both DNN9 and 5 and in both version, the menu does not use real links but JS to open the links.
                  (which is the "issue" you describe)
                  That's not ideal, but it is the way this has worked from the start for the used menu component in Minimal Extropy.
                  You could use a different (DDR menu) but in that case the styling will change.

If thas was not that way it worked on your installation before the upgrade I think someone altered the Skin once.

New Around Here

The easiest fix is to make your default (and other) box be one from Xcillion. If you want the "blue" element, you must be able to take a carefully matching Xcillion skin advert add appropriate styling at here for blendinggadgets. I'd replica and rename the field and fashion it.

Growing Member

Posted By Timo Breumelhof on 21 Feb 2020 11:48 AM

I juste tested the skin on both DNN9 and 5 and in both version, the menu does not use real links but JS to open the links.
                      (which is the "issue" you describe)
                      That's not ideal, but it is the way this has worked from the start for the used menu component in Minimal Extropy.
                      You could use a different (DDR menu) but in that case the styling will change.

If thas was not that way it worked on your installation before the upgrade I think someone altered the Skin once.

In my installation it really used real links, I think I didn't alterred skin. Now when I upgraded also production server, I noticed what happen after clicking "Parse Theme Package". It modify .ascx file and alter ProviderName="DDRMenuNavigationProvider" to ProviderName="DNNMenuNavigationProvider"

In my Extensions - Providers , I don't have DDR menu navigator currently (not sure if was there before upgrade). Is still DDR menu supported by dnn 9, if yes how to reinstall it back ? 

You are not authorized to post a reply.
                      Page 2 of 3 << < 123 > >>

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved