DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Module Titles are Showing Up on Live Site

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>

New Around Here

Hello,

While trying to add a link to the primary navigation, somehow I managed to expose the module titles used on the page and I need to get rid of them.

It's for an intranet, so I can't provide a URL, but I've linked to a screenshot.

Can you help me get rid of the module titles?

Many thanks!

Cindy

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhyHB...HgMwA57z6kx?e=NH1bZ6

Veteran Member

DNN 9 and up: Persona bar - manage - themes. Look for 'containers' and set the default container on 'no-title'
      DNN 804 and older: Admin - Site settings - Appearance (I think, it's a while back) and choose container - no-title.

These will take care of the default settings, site wide. These settings can get an override on Page settings and Settings on module level (tab 'page settings). If you did not touch the page settings / modules settings, the site settings should do the trick.
      Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
      Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
      We just love DNN
      https://www.tjeps.com

New Around Here

Hi Tycho,

Thanks so much for your reply!

I'm so close... when I go to Site Settings > Manage Themes > Challenge (our theme) > Containers

I can see all of the containers but when I click on them, nothing happens.  

Do you think it is a permissions issue?

Thanks,

Cindy

Veteran Member

What version are you running?
          Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
          Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
          We just love DNN
          https://www.tjeps.com

New Around Here

I wish I could tell you!  I have a host account but nothing appears in my Host menu.  Is there another way to look up this information?

Veteran Member

Cindy,

if you see the PersonaBar on the left side of the screen, klick on the DNN icon on the top of it and you will see the version.

If you have the admin panel on the top of the screen, goto Host >> Host Settings. In the tab "Basic Settings" you see the version.

Happy DNNing!
              Michael

Michael Tobisch
              DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
              DNN Connect

New Around Here

Hi Michael,

Thanks for replying!

Here's what I see when I click on "Host" (screenshot hosted on OneDrive)

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhyHBTXQgFvzgQLMMNhX_tOeVMsK?e=KNG5Ky

Am I looking in the correct place?

Thanks,

Cindy

Veteran Member

You are using Evoq, a commercial version of DNN.

If you mouse over the Evoq logo at the top of the Personal Bar (the vertical thing at the left side of the screen), you should see some information appear, including the version number.

But, as you have the Persona Bar, it's based on DNN 9.x. so follow Michael's instructions for that.

Is this a recent upgrade?
                  Joe Craig
                  DNN MVP
                  Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

Thank you, Joe.  Surely I made this more difficult than it should have been!  

The site is not new, but I am new to managing it.  This is the first DNN site I've worked on but I've got 15+ years experience working on sites built in other CMSes.  

Thanks again to all for helping this newbie out!

Veteran Member

Don't be a stranger here! We are a friendly community.
                      Joe Craig
                      DNN MVP
                      Patapsco Research Group
                      You are not authorized to post a reply.
                      Page 1 of 212 > >>

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved