DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

dnn 9.5

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

http://temeculacreekmensg...457=1&size457=12

why would link be like that?

Veteran Member

Bob,

that is because of the selected Url-Provider (which might be a left-over from an old installation and some upgrades). You find this in the web.config file. The urlFormat attribute should be "advanced":

{friendlyUrl defaultProvider="DNNFriendlyUrl"}
         {providers}
            {clear /}
            {add name="DNNFriendlyUrl" type="DotNetNuke.Services.Url.FriendlyUrl.DNNFriendlyUrlProvider, DotNetNuke.HttpModules" includePageName="true" regexMatch="[^a-zA-Z0-9 _-]" urlFormat="advanced" /}
         {/providers}
      {/friendlyUrl}

Replace { by < and } by >

Happy DNNing!
      Michael

Michael Tobisch
      DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
      DNN Connect

New Around Here

Michael when i use the Configuration Manager to review it is already set to the following, could it be something else overriding

add name="DNNFriendlyUrl" type="DotNetNuke.Services.Url.FriendlyUrl.DNNFriendlyUrlProvider, DotNetNuke.HttpModules" includePageName="true" regexMatch="[^a-zA-Z0-9 _-]" urlFormat="advanced" />

Veteran Member

I looked at some other pages on the site, and it appears that this happens only for the home page.

If you visit temeculacreekmensgolfclub.com, you get a redirect to the page with the other stuff.

So, I'd start by looking at settings for the home page, particularly anything related to redirects, SEO, or URLs.

You might want to look at how this page loads using something like Fiddler for more clues.
          Joe Craig
          DNN MVP
          Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

thanks for the help found the issue it was being caused by a 3rd party extension only the pages with their module was i getting the strange url

Veteran Member

That's exactly what I was getting at, and I failed to mention modules. So, I'm glad that you figured it out.

I recommend that you get with the module developer and encourage them to create friendly URL rewriters for their module. It's not a difficult thing to do. And, if they won't, you (depending on your skill set) probably could cook on up. There is a URL rewriter for the Ventrian News Articles module.
              Joe Craig
              DNN MVP
              Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

Joe thank you ever so much for all that information

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved