DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Upgrade - Skin failure - Gravity

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>

New Around Here

I upgraded 9.1.1 to 9.3.2 then to 9.5.0 per dnndocs suggested upgrade path.  Everything but the Gravity Skin works fine.  If I am logged on then the skin displays correctly.  If I am not logged in the data, menus and graphics are there but the skin is not applied. 

I also have found that if I edit each page and apply the skin to individually to the page it seems to fix the issue on most pages, but not all.

I have double check the configuration and applied the skin again, but still not correct.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks,

Ronnie

Veteran Member

I assume that the Gravity skin is your default or the site skin?

Since it works if you apply to pages individually, you might want to try re-selecting it as the site skin.
      Joe Craig
      DNN MVP
      Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

Yes it is.  It also works when I am logged in, but not when I am logout.

With the problem of 9.5.0 displaying the wrong site info when you select Site Settings, I am not sure how to re-select the skin as the sitewide.... I have looked everywhere in the admin pages to try and reset it to Gravity for the site-wide theme.

Veteran Member

Ronnie,

I don't know if there is an option for this in the interface, but this is normally be done by not selecting any skin for every page, and set the skin in the website (portal) settings. This may help you when you use the SQL console (but please make a backup of your database before you do that!):

UPDATE {databaseOwner}{objectQualifier}Tabs
          SET SkinSrc = NULL
          WHERE PortalID = x

If you also want to set back the container (module) layouts, use

UPDATE {databaseOwner}{objectQualifier}Tabs
          SET SkinSrc = NULL, ContainerSrc = NULL
          WHERE PortalID = x

Replace "x" in the last line by your actual PortalID, if you have only one Portal in your installation this is most propably 0 (zero). To find the PortalID, this query could be helpful:

SELECT
             p.PortalID,
             pa.HTTPAlias,
             pl.PortalName
          FROM
             {databaseOwner}{objectQualifier}Portals p
             INNER JOIN {databaseOwner}{objectQualifier}PortalAlias pa ON pa.PortalID = p.PortalID
             INNER JOIN {databaseOwner}{objectQualifier}PortalLocalization pl ON pl.PortalID = p.PortalID

After running the UPDATE query you have to restart the Application Pool (Settings >> Servers, the "Restart Applicaton" Button on the top).

Happy DNNing!
          Michael

Michael Tobisch
          DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
          DNN Connect

New Around Here

Hello Michael,  I basically gave up last night and restored a backup database and backup directory plus created another test site so I can test upgrading again.  When I started this I did setup a test site and upgraded it and saw no problems but I only looked at a few sites and they looked good.  I just didn't test everything!  I have about 20 on the server under one instance of DNN.  3 sites use the Gravity theme and only one of them is not working correctly.

Thank you for the info, I may need the scripts later. 

Veteran Member

Side note: There's a bug in DNN 9 which renders the theme's part of the Control Panel empty if it cannot find the set Theme for the site.
              So if you set a theme and then remove the files there's no way but through the Database to set the theme to another one.

New Around Here

Thanks Tim, but that is not an issue here.  About 9 days ago I gave up and rolled back to my backup sql and directory to get the 20 sites back up and running.  Now I am having a problem with images not displaying unless I login as admin.

Veteran Member

You don't say what errors are being generated with image displays. But, since images are being displayed to admins, I'd guess that there is a permission problem.

Is this EVERY image, so only some? If so, check the permissions for the directories. These are DNN permissions, so check using the File Manager, or Site Assets in the Persona Bar.
                  Joe Craig
                  DNN MVP
                  Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

Thanks, Joe... so as to not steal this thread I have started a new one. https://dnncommunity.org/forums/afv/post/aff/9

P.S.  Permissions are fine.

Veteran Member

Per your comment in the other thread, permissions are NOT fine. That's why you get the login screen.
                      Joe Craig
                      DNN MVP
                      Patapsco Research Group
                      You are not authorized to post a reply.
                      Page 1 of 212 > >>

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved