DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

No login field on DNN website after migration

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Hi there,

Recently i've migrated a DNN website to another webserver. Now everything works except the login field is not showing
    when we try to load website.tld/login.aspx 

We do not have any errors on the server side in eventviewer or even in the browser no errors whatsoever. Is there a way
    to bypass this like changing login field to default or something?

Veteran Member

Hi,

which version of DNN, and what version of Windows/.Net Framework on the new server?

Happy DNNing!
      Michael

Michael Tobisch
      DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
      DNN Connect

New Around Here

The current version of DNN is: DotNetNuke versie:05.01.01 (98) (very old, client has not updated it for years) -.-''

.net: came from 2.0 on source server and is on the new server 4.5 (classic)
        Windows server 2016 is the new server (datacenter edition)
        Came from windows server 2003

Veteran Member

Hi,

1. DNN 5.1.1 is really old, and has a lot of security issues, so you should find an upgrade path to a current version. This is really an issue.

2. I don't remember (this is really a long time ago), but I think you should use the .Net v4.5 application pool instead of the classic pipeline). Or the .Net v2.0 maybe (also the integrated pipeline, not the classic). Or better: create an application pool for your website, but make sure that the permissions on the file system and the database are set correctly.

But, and let me say this again: Upgrade, please.

Happy DNNing!
          Michael

Michael Tobisch
          DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
          DNN Connect

New Around Here

I tried both: .Net v4.5 application pool instead of the classic pipeline). Or the .Net v2.0 maybe (also the integrated pipeline, not the classic) but still empty login field. Overall website works fine.

I agree client should upgrade, what is the best way for migration from this DNN version DNN 5.1.1?
            Is there by any chance a link I can provide some information on this?

Thank you for your time!

Veteran Member

Hi,

DnnDocs is a helpful resource, there is a suggested upgrade path as well as instructions on how to upgrade.

Anyway, you should check after every upgrade step if everything works, this includes newer versions of your extensions (skin/theme, modules, authentication providers, language packs etc.). Backup your files and database before each step, write down which modules have to be updated after which step to which version, and have your eyes especially on custom and third party extensions. I tell you, this could be a pain, but it's worth in the end.

Here is where you find the necessary releases:

The current releases can be found here.

Happy DNNing!
              Michael

Michael Tobisch
              DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
              DNN Connect

New Around Here

Thank you for the quick reply. Will inform the client and will do the upgrade.
                Again thanks for the effort in this matter.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved