DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

update Lists table

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>

New Around Here

I have a very old database, running since DNN 2, and I have updating it regularely. Currently I am on last stable version DNN950.
    Recently I had the need to use the Countries and Regions form table Lists. And, I do not know for what reason, I have just 405 entries there and just few countries. I checked a newer database and I saw over 5000 and all the countries and regions. 
    One attept was to delete the entries in the old table and insert the new content. Just that the EntryID does not match and of course It creates errors (could not login anymore as host, and the error was that an object was not found - though in errorlog could not have a clue that this is form the list table. In the end I have scripted the table for the backup and drop and recreated it and not I see all ok. 

I need an advice how to update this table with the missing entries and still keep the entries are there without destroing the dependenccies? the IDs are not the same and has dependencies ....
    thank you!
    C

Advanced Member

The extra countries and regions should have been added in the 7.3.3 upgrade. Re-run this section of that script https://github.com/dnnsof...aProvider#L165-L4803

DNN partner specializing in custom, enterprise DNN development https://engagesoftware.com/showcase

Veteran Member

if you really just have a few countries in your list, running 07.03.03.SqlDataProvider won't fix it.
        Besides, the region key had been changed in DNN 7.4.0, AFAIR.
        You would need a sanitizing script, adding all the missing entries properly.
        I hope I'll find some time next week to create it.

New Around Here

Thank you Sebastian,
          yes, only 4 countries are there, and probably because of the keys changed everything got a mess just copy/paste only the content from a new DNN Lists table there. 

Veteran Member

drcz,
            I hope I'll find some time next week to create a script for you (and others with same issue).

New Around Here

It will help to know what to consider when I may insert few countries until you can do a full script: I need to get something working this week.
              Thank you!

Veteran Member

I hadn't much time to test, but you may download the script from http://dnnwerk.de/AdjustDNNLists960.zip.

There is a known glitch, that deleted Countries and Regions are not properly listed in the summery report.

it would be nice, if you could provide some feedback.

Veteran Member

PS: The script does not cover bannedPasswords and ProfanityFilter lists

New Around Here

Thank you Sebastian,
                    I do not have too much need now for bannedPasswords and ProfanityFilter but Countries. I will do some tests and come back with feedback.
                    Danke

Veteran Member

to be honest, I didn't write this script - I only wrote the script, which generated this script.
                      The generator is executed on a newly installed DNN (latest version), the generated script might be executed on any DNN instance of Version DNN 7.4.2 up to 9.6.0. It adjusts any list contained in Lists table, except BannedPasswords and ProfanityFilter.
                      You are not authorized to post a reply.
                      Page 1 of 212 > >>

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved