DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

DNN 8.0.4 and Telerik Upgrade

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Hi,

I'm a long time DNN user. We have beeing using DNN since 2005. We currently use DNN 8.0.4 which is using Telerik Web UI 2014.1.403.35. There is a need to upgrade the version of Telerik used. I have tried unsucessful to upgrade to Telerik version 2019.3.1023.40.

I wanted to ask the comunity does anyone know which version of Telerik.Web.UI can be used with DNN 8.0.4. The reason for the upgrade is to patch some issues with the Telerik controls which have been highlighted to us recently. 

What I was trying to avoid in the short term was upgrading DNN to a newer version. 

I ran through a number of posts on the old community forum before moving over here today, but have not seen anything on the topic.

I have read a number of articles on blogs, but as yet I've not found an article that answers my questions.

Veteran Member

I don't believe that you can do that. You'll need to use the version of the Telerik library that is shipped with DNN.

It is also recommended that you replace the Telerik RadEditor with the CK Editor.

It is my understanding that there are some security issues related to Telerik components.
      Joe Craig
      DNN MVP
      Patapsco Research Group

Veteran Member

We did that on an installation that couldn't be upgraded at the time.
        I'll ask my colleague.

If you have a Telerik account (or had one), you can download the patched versions from there. Otherwise you can use the dll's from the security patches.

Make sure the Telerik web.config entries related to the dll's (check the version) you use are the same.

New Around Here

Thanks to all for taking the time to reply. Appreciated. Let me try the patching option.

New Around Here

Just in case the information is of use to any other DNN users it is possible to upgrade DNN 8.0.4 to Telerik R3 2017 (version 2017.3.913)

Details of the version here https://www.telerik.com/s...(version-2017-3-913)

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
              2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
              3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
              4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
              5. No Flaming or Trolling.
              6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
              7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
              8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved