DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Javascript error breaking Digital Assets module

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

So I've noticed I keep getting a javascript error which seem to break the Digital Assets module. The same error has also been plaguing me while using an ecommerce (catalook) extension when I try to use certain dropdown menus in its admin:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property '_getNeedsScrollExtender' of undefined
        at c.RadTreeView.initialize (ScriptResource.axd?d=tFYhzROIw9wVAO0ZVQD0pQJjoWXkb3_ZkzWzXsqoouiTVBiAiQ0UjpC6-C8DYJbqrjwolXYhMCZzIFB3glnm7F3_T9gd7A9BPUwprFp3JFQ6fk_cvjsX-0RripE1&t=4036ae9:1053)

I'm using the default skin (Xcillion) for DNN 9 and it looks like Jquery is working. I can't seem to track down what is going on here.

Veteran Member

Posted By Agency3 on 08 Jul 2019 09:05 PM

So I've noticed I keep getting a javascript error which seem to break the Digital Assets module. The same error has also been plaguing me while using an ecommerce (catalook) extension when I try to use certain dropdown menus in its admin:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property '_getNeedsScrollExtender' of undefined
          at c.RadTreeView.initialize (ScriptResource.axd?d=tFYhzROIw9wVAO0ZVQD0pQJjoWXkb3_ZkzWzXsqoouiTVBiAiQ0UjpC6-C8DYJbqrjwolXYhMCZzIFB3glnm7F3_T9gd7A9BPUwprFp3JFQ6fk_cvjsX-0RripE1&t=4036ae9:1053)

I'm using the default skin (Xcillion) for DNN 9 and it looks like Jquery is working. I can't seem to track down what is going on here.

What version of DNN are you running? Because 9.2 got rid of a lot of code, it is important that all modules are suitable for that version.

Any mentions in the Chrome Console? If Jquery is not being loaded, it should be mentioned there. If you need to figure out what version jquery you're running, you can use $cs.jquery in the console to find that out.

Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
      Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
      We just love DNN
      https://www.tjeps.com

New Around Here

Yes that error is from the chrome console

DNN v. 09.03.02 (24)
        Jquery is 3.2.1

( I had to use jQuery.fn.jquery to get the version. $cs.jquery returns an error: VM159:1 Uncaught ReferenceError: $cs is not defined at :1:1 -- today I'm using chrome on a mac? Does that make a difference?)

Veteran Member

Did you check if jQuery is loaded twice on the page?

Veteran Member

Posted By Timo Breumelhof on 09 Jul 2019 11:47 AM

Did you check if jQuery isloaded twice on the page?

I'd say to check that, as well as try checking the CDN and CDF features to see if they're loading (or not) compatible scripts.

New Around Here

Thanks guys. I've learned my lesson. Always follow the recommended upgrade path. (I didn't realize this until after I'd started)

It turns out the source of pretty much all the mysterious problems are the web.config being full of old information / missing information.

I went through every extension in the corrupt site and compared it to the clean install of dnn 9.3 + catalook on my local test server. I deleted every extension that didn't match. (the old file manager was still active!)  Then I took the fresh web.config and compared it with my corrupted web.config and again deleted everything that didn't look like it was unique (basically anything that didn't have an encryption key, login info, etc) and anything that referenced deleted extensions. I had to add a couple of things too.

Suprisingly enough it worked! I'm not getting any errors anymnore and the site is working so far...

Veteran Member

Posted By Agency3 on 09 Jul 2019 07:40 PM

Thanks guys. I've learned my lesson. Always follow the recommended upgrade path. (I didn't realize this until after I'd started)

It turns out the source of pretty much all the mysterious problems are the web.config being full of old information / missing information.

I went through every extension in the corrupt site and compared it to the clean install of dnn 9.3 + catalook on my local test server. I deleted every extension that didn't match. (the old file manager was still active!)  Then I took the fresh web.config and compared it with my corrupted web.config and again deleted everything that didn't look like it was unique (basically anything that didn't have an encryption key, login info, etc) and anything that referenced deleted extensions. I had to add a couple of things too.

Suprisingly enough it worked! I'm not getting any errors anymnore and the site is working so far...

Yeah... I had one client that had a seemingly untrackable error on their website. Comparing and reordering/editing/merging changes from a clean instance of DNN of the same version found that there were actually several issues added over time. It took a few hours (the site began around DNN 3.xx), but well worth the time when you account for the stability and peace of mind we got in return.

As a result, we've since added this as part of our standard upgrade process with clients.  This not only ensures that they're happy with us in the long term, but more importantly, they're happy with DNN as well.   :) 

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved