DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

DNN 9.6.2 Another error, this one seems to be the "Password Reset" button.

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

I have an Account Login extension on a page and I am now getting this error.  Reset Password button no longer sends out the email when username and email are provided correctly.  If the username is incorrect I get the green box message "If the details entered were correct, you should receive an email message shortly with a link to reset your password."

Maybe someone is getting this in their Admin Logs as well?  Maybe some setting I haven't set?  An email address set wrong?  A known issue?

Thanks in advance!

AbsoluteURL:/Default.aspx

DefaultDataProvider:DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider, DotNetNuke

ExceptionGUID:420013fb-f704-4a9e-a554-e4fe69b90125

AssemblyVersion:9.6.1

PortalId:67

UserId:-1

TabId:36238

RawUrl:/*******/tabid/36238/ctl/SendPassword/Default.aspx?returnurl=%25*****%2*******.aspx%253fcl%253d1&popUp=true

Referrer:https://*****.***/LoginRoute/tabid/36238/ctl/SendPassword/Default.aspx?returnurl=%25*****%2*******.aspx%253fcl%253d1&popUp=true

UserAgent:Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 13_5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/13.1.1 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1

ExceptionHash:imCDYkgwh9jNkjyGbgoKrJyuONo=

Message:An invalid character was found in the mail header: '<'.

StackTrace:

InnerMessage:An invalid character was found in the mail header: '<'.

InnerStackTrace:

at System.Net.Mail.DotAtomReader.ReadReverse(String data, Int32 index)

at System.Net.Mail.MailAddressParser.ParseDomain(String data, Int32& index)

at System.Net.Mail.MailAddressParser.ParseAddress(String data, Boolean expectMultipleAddresses, Int32& index)

at System.Net.Mail.MailAddressParser.ParseAddress(String data)

at System.Net.Mail.MailAddress..ctor(String address, String displayName, Encoding displayNameEncoding)

at System.Net.Mail.Message..ctor(String from, String to)

at System.Net.Mail.MailMessage..ctor(String from, String to)

at DotNetNuke.Services.Mail.Mail.SendEmail(String fromAddress, String senderAddress, String toAddress, String subject, String body)

at DotNetNuke.Services.Mail.Mail.SendMail(Int32 portalId, Int32 userId, MessageType msgType, PortalSettings settings)

at DotNetNuke.Modules.Admin.Security.SendPassword.OnSendPasswordClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Source:

Oh, and while I am on this topic....  How can I make DNN Forgot Password be in a page instead of a popup, like I did using the Add New User?

Veteran Member

It looks like this is the problem:

An invalid character was found in the mail header: '<'.

I'm not sure where to look to see the complete details.

As for the second part of the question, try disabling popups and see if that helps.

Joe Craig
      DNN MVP
      Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

Thank you for your response Joe,

We finally figured out the problem, on Settings, Security the Primary Administrator account was de-selected because we created a new admin email and it was unset, had a -Select User- option selected which caused issues registering and password reset. Something DNN should take a look at, would greatly narrow down if someone else runs into this issue.

As for the second part, I am going to work on it later, thank you for the tip!

Veteran Member

You said "Something DNN should take a look at" ...

I'm going to assume that you aren't totally familiar with DNN Platform, so I may be repeating stuff that you already know.

DNN Platform is an open source project. It lives on GitHub and is manages by a community of volunteers. Many of these folks work long hours (a real labor of love) to develop the platform. For you, the community relies on contributions from users, even down to the filing of bug reports, enhancement requests, suggestions, and commentary.

So, consider this an opportunity to contribute what you learned today back to the community. Even an enhancement request to produce a more meaningful error message, or check and warn if no admin user is selected will potentially save time and effort if someone else encounters it in the future.

And believe me, if it happened to you it's guaranteed to happen to (many) others in the future.

So hop over to the DNN Platform project at GitHub, skip over to the Issue section and submit your bug report / enhancement request or whatever. We'll all thank you for that and other contributions.
          Joe Craig
          DNN MVP
          Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

You are correct.  I wasn't aware of this.  We are using DNN Pro and usually we get support.  Not sure if I can test the same code, but will definitely check it out.

Thanks!

Veteran Member

It would be the same code, as Evoq is built on Platform.
              Joe Craig
              DNN MVP
              Patapsco Research Group
              You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
              2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
              3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
              4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
              5. No Flaming or Trolling.
              6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
              7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
              8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved