DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Is there a way to duplicate a page and all it's subpages?

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>

Advanced Member

Hi - I'm running DNN 9.6.1

Is there a way to duplicate a page and all it's subpages ? Without having to do so one by one?

Thanks

Tom

Veteran Member

I think that the answer is yes.

Using Export/Import you can export a selection of pages from a site. Then, you can import those pages to a new site. If the two sites aren't in the same DNN installation, then you'll have to move some files.

I tested this on 9.8.0 rc1, but it probably works on 9.6.1.

You'll also want to check that modules and skins are compatible. And you'll probably want to test this first to make sure that things work correctly. If you could, report back and let us know how it goes.
      Joe Craig
      DNN MVP
      Patapsco Research Group

Advanced Member

I'm trying to duplicate within the same site. I am looking at the Import /Export on a test server to see if it will work for me. Currently waiting to see if my Export will run.

Thanks for your help. I'll let you know what happens.

Tom

Veteran Member

The Scheduler needs to be activated. You can also adjust the frequency for the Export/Import task so that you don't have to wait for it. When you don't need it, you can set it to run less often.
          Joe Craig
          DNN MVP
          Patapsco Research Group

Advanced Member

Thanks - I did get the Export to work. Now trying to Import it, got it to start, but it seems to just hang on "In Progress" . Any tips?

Thanks again,

Tom

Veteran Member

Take a look at the log4net files and the Admin Log to see if anything turns up. Also, take a look at the scheduler task history to see if anything is logged there.
              Joe Craig
              DNN MVP
              Patapsco Research Group

Advanced Member

Thanks for your reply - I do see a Scheduler Exception in the Admin log, which reads:

Access to the path 'D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Sccinternet_test\Portals\7\Images\1_Meaningful-Use_Arrow.jpg' is denied.

What do you think I should do?

Thanks

Advanced Member

Hi again - I tried again, by doing an Export with no assets (just pages/ page templates), and then Importing that Export. And it worked!
                  Now, how do I access the new Import? I don't see it in the ExportImport/ folder

Tom

Veteran Member

I'm not quite sure what you mean. If you imported pages, they should be in the Pages listing.
                    Joe Craig
                    DNN MVP
                    Patapsco Research Group

Advanced Member

Thanks - OK I looked in the Pages and I think they are there, but I think they just replaced the old versions of the same pages. I was trying to duplicate them all. I guess the Import will just replace the same pages in place, unless there is some other way to do this.

Let me know what you think. I appreciate all your feedback.

Tom
                      You are not authorized to post a reply.
                      Page 1 of 212 > >>

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved