DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Force User Logoff

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Is there a way to force a user to be logged off via SQL? Just changing Autorized to "0" does not work the same as clicking the Un-Authorize" button if you were loggin in as admin, which is what I want to be able to do without having to login.Let's just say this is for an emergency; if I'm not around and what my server poeple to have a way to this.

New Around Here

I was able to do what i needed this way.

Update [UserPortals] SET Authorised = 0 Where UserId = X

THEN in IIS restart the website. This is important; else they we be still have access until their Next login.

Just wanted a backup way to do this without the interface.
      Thanks, CD

Veteran Member

If you unauthorize a user, that user will not be able to login again. Depending on your site, restarting the server might inconvenience others.

And, I'm interested why you might want or need to do something like this.
        Joe Craig
        DNN MVP
        Patapsco Research Group

Veteran Member

Cube,

if you change something in the database it will not be recognized by DNN as the data are cached in most cases. Therefore clearing the cache is necessary (this is also done by restarting the apppool, but clicking "Clear Cache" in Settings :: Servers is enough as well).

Better way would be to achieve this is using the interface. In the overflow menu (the three dots on the right side of the user in Manage :: Users) you have the option "Un-Authorize User" - this will update the cache, and everything is done.

Happy DNNing!
          Michael

Michael Tobisch
          DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
          DNN Connect

New Around Here

Thank you everyone.

Totally agree the better/easier/proper way to do this is via the interface.

As to "Why?"
            Cutting to the chase; My boss wanted me to. (and that's good enough for me)

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
            2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
            3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
            4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
            5. No Flaming or Trolling.
            6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
            7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
            8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved