DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

cache file is being used by another process.

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Hi,

My website recently error.
    I asked the hosting service provider to check, they reported the error because the cache file is having 2 processes in use and causing the error.
    I asked them to restart IIS and I checked the admin log and saw a lot of errors like below

InnerMessage:The process cannot access the file 'D:\vhosts\sieuthimaytinhlangson.com\httpdocs\Portals\0-System\Cache\Pages\93_52BAA83B6970B273CC79CC36AE635C3C4133895FDCD82A1821ECAD673741DDD8.attrib.resources' because it is being used by another process.

InnerStackTrace:

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
       at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
       at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
       at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append, Boolean checkHost)
       at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
       at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append)
       at System.IO.File.CreateText(String path)
       at DotNetNuke.Services.OutputCache.Providers.FileResponseFilter.StopFiltering(Int32 itemId, Boolean deleteData)
       at DotNetNuke.HttpModules.OutputCaching.OutputCacheModule.OnUpdateRequestCache(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

What should I do to fix this error.
    I use cache file in module and DNN 9.8
    Thanks.

Veteran Member

I assume, you are on a single server and not a web farm:
      1. make sure, the IIS app Pool is using a single worker process only (not a "web garden")
      2. make sure, no other background process (like Windows search indexer, backup, virus scanner) is accessing the cache and Search index files

New Around Here

I faced a similar problem a few weeks ago. The file write.lock was being used by another process... even if I have only one workerprocess activated in iis. I found the .lock file was created, base on the scheduler by a workerprocess that has been killed in iis by plesk before this first workerprocess completes the task.
        The new workerprocess was not allowed to access the file because "it has been created by another process" who die recently.
        In my case, knowing the ttl of my workerprocess, I've been able to solve the probleme just by delaying for 13 minutes the task in the scheduler.
        Good luck
        You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
        2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
        3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
        4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
        5. No Flaming or Trolling.
        6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
        7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
        8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved