DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

How to disable users' ability to change their password

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Advanced Member

I need to disable users' ability to change their password, since I am using AD-Pro which manages their password with our AD-system. 

What is the best way to hide the 'Change Password" option in Edit Profile?

Thanks

Tom

Veteran Member

Tom,

AD-Pro is a third party extension, I would go and ask Glanton for support (https://www.glantonmodules.com/support-ticket)

Beside of that, you could try to find the client ID or style sheet class of the button/area (using developer tools of your browser) and add some style to hide it, for instance in the portal.css or any css file that allows customizations of your skin. Example:

.dnnPasswordDetails .dnnClear { visibility: hidden; display: none; }

Happy DNNing!
      Michael

Michael Tobisch
      DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
      DNN Connect

Advanced Member

Thanks - the css solution worked for me.

Tom

New Around Here

@Michael, thanks for the quick answer.

The other option is to edit file that is responsible for rendering 'Manage Password' section:  ~\DesktopModules\Admin\Security\EditUser.ascx

See here for refeerence: http://doc.glanton.com/AD...sword-change-section

Advanced Member

Thanks Barry! I will take a look at that as well. Much appreciated.

Tom

Veteran Member

Tom,

don't forget the "Reset Password" Link on the login form... I did it this way:

#dnn_ctr_Login_Login_DNN_passwordLink
              {
                 display: none;
                 visibility: hidden;
              }
              .dnnLoginActions::after
              {
                 display: inline;
                 visibility: visible;
                 content: "Password-Reset is not available at the moment.";
              }

Happy DNNing!
              Michael

Michael Tobisch
              DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
              DNN Connect

Veteran Member

Posted By Barry Waluszko on 06 Mar 2020 05:44 AM

@Michael, thanks for the quick answer.

The other option is to edit file that is responsible for rendering 'Manage Password' section:  ~\DesktopModules\Admin\Security\EditUser.ascx

See here for refeerence: http://doc.glanton.com/AD...sword-change-section

FYI - this would be a core code change in DNN and should always be avoided at all costs.  It will be overwritten on upgrade and doesn't get reviewed by the DNN TAG team for security and other implications.  :) 

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved