DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

For WEBP Images with DNN

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Hello guys,

I need  advices to insert webp image file in DNN module.

When I try to insert webp image file in HTML module, it did not work in HTML module with DNN.

If someone give me feedback I will really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Veteran Member

First of all you need to adjust the web.config to facilitate webp.
      In the part of Static content (where also the fonts reside), you need to add :
      @@mimeMap fileExtension=".webp" mimeType="image/webp" @@ where @@ is opening and closing tag

The next step is to have a module or theme that renders your jpg or png to webp. For instance, the EasyDNNGallery or the DNNGo Theme Minis, have settings to enable that. And recently, I read that 2SXC is also in the process of incorporating that.
      Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
      Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
      We just love DNN
      https://www.tjeps.com

New Around Here

Hello Tycho de Waard (SU),

First of all, Thank you for advice me about my question.

I understand well that "to have a module or theme that renders your jpg or png to webp. "

However I need one more question for the web.config. To facilitate webp, where is location for web.config? is it C Drive in the window or in the DNN module?

Best Regards,

Leo

Hi,

web.config is at the root path of your DNN installation. In case you don't have direct access to that location, you can edit web.config directly from DNN (go to Settings > Config Manager). Please, make sure of having a working copy of your web.config before you edit it, as any mistake in this file can bring your DNN down.

I hope this helps you. Regards,
          Francisco

New Around Here

Thank for your advice.
            It is really a helpful answer.

New Around Here

I am needing administrators to be alloud to upload webp assetts inour site via the File Management. 

Steps i have taken:

1. added webp mime type in web.config

2. verified in iis the the mime type has been registered via the web.config

3. added webp in the portalsettings AllowedExtensionsWhitelist 

4. verified in portalsettings > site behavior > more  Premitted File Extention List it was indeed added to the Default allowed file extentions but not the Only Images allowed file extentions.  Where does this list exist? (It is in the PortalSettings table.)

--We are still unable to upload webp in the File Managment.--
              Once added to the AllowedExtensionsWhitelist setting and Cache & Website were recycled uploads worked.

Veteran Member

So, Kris,

You're good now? Clear cache/recycle app did the trick?

Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
                Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
                We just love DNN
                https://www.tjeps.com
                You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved