DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Css Ignored

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Growing Member

Hello

This is very strange, I have been working on my local DNN Instance (9.6.2) using nvQuicktheme template for a little while and everything so far has appeared fine.  However, this evening I accessed the site via localsite.dnndev.me/ as usual, but all the css styling, navigation bar, persona bar, theme colours, had all dissappeared throughout the site. None of the theme or module styling is displaying.  I tried viewing in a different browser but the results are still the same. All the styling is still intact in the relevant theme folders.

I would appreaciate some advice on this matter please, as I am at a total loss, as to where to begin.

Thank you.

Veteran Member

Do you always browse the site as localsite.dnndev.me?

Check the browser console window for errors. Is something blocking the CSS files?
      Joe Craig
      DNN MVP
      Patapsco Research Group

Growing Member

Thank you Joe for your reply,

Yes I have used localsite.dnndev.me because that's what I named it. Although I did use a specific named site on previous local test sites.

I checked the browser console window for errors as suggested (see below)

(WARNING) Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status style.min.css of 404 (Not Found).
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Also this Attention Information was on display:
        (Attention) A cookie associated with a cross-site resource at http://google.com/ was set without the `SameSite` attribute. It has been blocked, as Chrome now only delivers cookies with cross-site requests if they are set with `SameSite=None` and `Secure`. You can review cookies in developer tools under Application>Storage>Cookies and see more details at https://www.chromestatus....ure/5088147346030592 and https://www.chromestatus....re/5633521622188032.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you suggest I do to resolve this issue please?

Thank you.

Veteran Member

Looks like your working with Bootstrap 4 but treat it like Bootstrap 3.

For bootstrap 4 you work with sass files that need a tool like Gulp to become css. If you don’t use the command line / gulp, you cab use a program like Koala
          Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
          Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
          We just love DNN
          https://www.tjeps.com

Veteran Member

There probably are a few other things that you need to do if you are developing your theme with nvQuickTheme. Make sure that you are "compiling" changes via Gulp. Check out David Poindexter's videos about nbQuickTheme on YouTube to make sure that you have it set up correctly.

The "missing" style.min.css indicates that something isn't being set correctly.

The cookie report isn't the problem.
            Joe Craig
            DNN MVP
            Patapsco Research Group

Growing Member

Thank you, I am using Gulp:

I use, 'Gulp Watch' whilst I am working on the theme.
              I used 'Gulp Build ' to compile changes.

Growing Member

I am pleased to say that I have found the problem, thank you for pointing me in the right direction.
                I ran Gulp Build and it showed an error with a custom scss file, stating that the file was found to be unreadable. I removed the file, re ran Gulp Build and the CSS styling has returned to the site.
                Solved!

Veteran Member

Great!
                  Joe Craig
                  DNN MVP
                  Patapsco Research Group
                  You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                  2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                  3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                  4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                  5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                  6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                  7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                  8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved