DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Left menu icon bar

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>

New Around Here

Dnn Site menu, not the wizard menu or persona bar or other menu

http://next.websitescreative.com/Portals/0/WSCMediaGallery/internal/Image/int-084cef39-3143-49eb-a8d2-303cb46ddbea.png

Thanks, Sandro

Veteran Member

Sorry, but I have no idea what your question is TBH..
      Can you please elaborate?

Veteran Member

What theme or vendor are you using? 

Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
        Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
        We just love DNN
        https://www.tjeps.com

Veteran Member

Hello Sandro:

Welcome to the community... We'd be happy to answer any questions you might have, if you can provide some more information for us. Thanks in advance... We love to help! :)

New Around Here

Hi all, sorry if i was not so clear in question. I am looking for a skin with page menu as an icon bar on the left. I wish to not have page name but only icon, as you can see on the left of the url on my previous post.
            Thanks, Sandro

Veteran Member

Sandro,

this kind of menu is called MMN (Mystery Meat Navigation) - and this is something to avoid regarding a user friendly interface.

Beside of that: it will be hidden when the Persona Bar is displayed, so you may run into problems when administering the site. To avoid this, you should consider alternatives as DNN Shine.

Happy DNNing!
              Michael

Michael Tobisch
              DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
              DNN Connect

New Around Here

Thanks for replay, but it's only for site administration or also for anonymous visitors fused for navigate the site ?

Veteran Member

Sandro,

do you mean DNN Shine? It is a replacement for the Persona Bar.

Happy DNNing!
                  Michael

Michael Tobisch
                  DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
                  DNN Connect

Veteran Member

FYI, you can also create an icon only menu in combination with the Core Persona Bar.
                    See screenprint (FYI, this one does expand, also I built if for a client, it's not available to "the public").

Veteran Member

Hi Timo,

did you do something special that the Persona Bar does not "cover" the menu? I have this problem with some (bootstrap) skins, esp. when in mobile mode...

Happy DNNing!
                      Michael

Michael Tobisch
                      DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
                      DNN Connect
                      You are not authorized to post a reply.
                      Page 1 of 212 > >>

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved