DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Upgrade 9.0.2 to 9.1.0 Dies RESX:PersonaBarMenu.Text Not Found During Persona

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

I am trying to upgrade a 9.0.2 DNN Platform to 9.1.0 and it dies with a missing resx.

I have tried everything. I have downloaded the source looking for 'RESX:PersonaBarMenu.Text' and it is not in the source. I have done full file scans (including into DLLs) of a clean 9.0.2 and my 9.0.2 with no success.  I have added this text to every reasonable resx file. I have overlaid the files in my 9.0.2 for all of persona directories, and made every single database entry the same as the clean 9.0.2. It still dies with the note below in the logs.

I found one entry in Lists DB that contains this word. But, this was in both 9.0.2 versions.

EntryID    ListName    Value    Text    ParentID    Level    SortOrder    DefinitionID    Description    PortalID    SystemList    CreatedByUserID    CreatedOnDate    LastModifiedByUserID    LastModifiedOnDate
    5151    Installer    PersonaBarMenu    Dnn.PersonaBar.UI.Components.Installers.PersonaBarMenuInstaller, Dnn.PersonaBar.UI    0    0    0    0        -1    0    NULL    2017-04-04 11:32:30.900    NULL    2017-04-04 11:32:30.900

I really need a workaround for this.

Please Please. Any assistance will be appreciated.

2019-09-13 12:29:03,238 [Dev4][Thread:8][ERROR] DotNetNuke.Framework.Reflection - RESX:PersonaBarMenu.Text
    System.Web.HttpException (0x80004005): Could not load type 'RESX:PersonaBarMenu.Text'.
       at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase)
       at DotNetNuke.Framework.Reflection.CreateType(String TypeName, String CacheKey, Boolean UseCache, Boolean IgnoreErrors)
    2019-09-13 12:29:03,332 [Dev4][Thread:8][FATAL] DotNetNuke.Web.Common.Internal.DotNetNukeHttpApplication - System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: type
       at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
       at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type)
       at DotNetNuke.Services.Installer.Installers.InstallerFactory.GetInstaller(String installerType)
       at DotNetNuke.Services.Installer.Installers.InstallerFactory.GetInstaller(XPathNavigator manifestNav, PackageInfo package)
       at DotNetNuke.Services.Installer.Installers.PackageInstaller.ReadComponents(XPathNavigator manifestNav)
       at DotNetNuke.Services.Installer.Installers.PackageInstaller.ReadManifest(XPathNavigator manifestNav)
       at DotNetNuke.Services.Installer.Installers.PackageInstaller..ctor(String packageManifest, InstallerInfo info)
       at DotNetNuke.Services.Installer.Installer.ProcessPackages(XPathNavigator rootNav)
       at DotNetNuke.Services.Installer.Installer.ReadManifest(Boolean deleteTemp)
       at DotNetNuke.Services.Upgrade.Upgrade.InstallPackage(String file, String packageType, Boolean writeFeedback)
       at DotNetNuke.Services.Install.Install.UpgradeApplication()
       at DotNetNuke.Services.Install.Install.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Veteran Member

Strange, I have never seens that.
      Did you try 9.1.1 instead for 9.1.0?

New Around Here

Thanks for contributing.
        I have tried upgrading every future version increment from 9.1.0 to 9.4.0. All with the same results.
        I have tried installing 9.0.2 and copying over all database definitions, procedures, and data content for the persona database files.

It still dies in the exact same spot, but with a variety of errors all centered on that step.

My most recent is after copying all fresh 9.0.2 into the existing 9.0.2:
        2019-09-16 19:05:15,075 [Dev4][Thread:49][FATAL] DotNetNuke.Web.Common.Internal.DotNetNukeHttpApplication - System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
        Parameter name: type
        at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
        at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type)
        at DotNetNuke.Services.Installer.Installers.InstallerFactory.GetInstaller(String installerType)
        at DotNetNuke.Services.Installer.Installers.InstallerFactory.GetInstaller(XPathNavigator manifestNav, PackageInfo package)
        at DotNetNuke.Services.Installer.Installers.PackageInstaller.ReadComponents(XPathNavigator manifestNav)
        at DotNetNuke.Services.Installer.Installers.PackageInstaller.ReadManifest(XPathNavigator manifestNav)
        at DotNetNuke.Services.Installer.Installers.PackageInstaller..ctor(String packageManifest, InstallerInfo info)
        at DotNetNuke.Services.Installer.Installer.ProcessPackages(XPathNavigator rootNav)
        at DotNetNuke.Services.Installer.Installer.ReadManifest(Boolean deleteTemp)
        at DotNetNuke.Services.Upgrade.Upgrade.InstallPackage(String file, String packageType, Boolean writeFeedback)
        at DotNetNuke.Services.Install.Install.UpgradeApplication()
        at DotNetNuke.Services.Install.Install.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
        at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
        at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
        at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
        at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
        at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
        at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
        at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step)
        at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

New Around Here

what about that
          DotNetNuke.Web.Common.Internal.DotNetNukeHttpApplication - System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.

Veteran Member

I haven't seen that specific upgrade error for these versions before.  I've been able to upgrade numerous times directly to 09.01.01, though.  Have you tried that?  Also, I'd suggest merging updates in your web.config by comparing it to a clean instance of 09.00.02 before beginning.  It's possible you're missing something.  

New Around Here

Hello
              I hope you have solved your problem by now, but if not, I had a very similar problem that was caused by
              add key="ShowMissingKeys" value="true"
              in my web.config. I removed the line and the upgrade worked.
              Nicolas
              You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
              2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
              3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
              4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
              5. No Flaming or Trolling.
              6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
              7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
              8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved