DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Error occurring on Dnnspot.Sitemap module while Upgrading to latest version

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>

New Around Here

Hi,

I am upgrading my 8.0.4 solution to latest stable version of DNN - 9.4.1. I have followed the suggested upgrade path from this site - Suggested Upgrade Path

I am not able to identify the root cause but these are the issues I am facing :

• While upgrading from 9.1.1 to 9.3.1, Issue with DNNSpot.Sitemap module. - Not able to Edit/Delete/Open Settings after log into the backend.
    • Not able to open /Sitemap.aspx - Redirecting to /Default.aspx?tabid={pagetabid} and showing 'A critical error has occurred. Please check the Event Viewer for further details.'
      • AbsoluteURL:/Default.aspx
      • DefaultDataProvider:DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider, DotNetNuke
      • ExceptionGUID:86a0076d-b23e-4e90-a8e8-947dbd826cad

I have checked with error logs and this is what it is showing -

[ERROR] DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.Exceptions - ~/Default.aspx?tabid=1092&error=Method+not+found%3a+%27System.Collections.ArrayList+DotNetNuke.Entities.Tabs.TabController.GetTabsByParentId(Int32%2c+Int32)%27.&content=0
    System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.Collections.ArrayList DotNetNuke.Entities.Tabs.TabController.GetTabsByParentId(Int32, Int32)'.
       at DNNspot.Sitemap.ModuleBase.WriteTab(Int32 start, Boolean hasChildren, Int32 portalId, String portalAlias, TabInfo currentTab)
       at DNNspot.Sitemap.ModuleBase.GenerateSitemap(TabInfo currentTab)
       at DNNspot.Sitemap.Default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
       at DotNetNuke.Entities.Modules.PortalModuleBase.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

PS: I also tried to upgrade from 9.1.1 to 9.2.2, but it gives the same error.

Veteran Member

You need to get an upgrade of that module that works with DNN 9.4.1. And, since DNNSpot isn't in the DNN module business any more, what that really means is that you need to find a new sitemap module.

I'm not sure what's in the DNN Store these days, so I don't have any recommendations. For most cases, I use the DDR module with the ULTokens template, and customize the CSS for the sitemap to my needs.

Den
      Joe Craig
      DNN MVP
      Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

Thanks for the info. Since I am new to DNN, can you please elaborate the DDR module with the ULTokens template? or any other free of cost modules that can be used as an alternative?

Also, if I am deleting that module from the page and then accessing the /Sitemap.aspx, I am not able to see the Sitemap.xml file generated or any output created. Thus, I can't decide whether it is issue related to the module or something was missing during the version migration. Can you please suggest what next step should be taken?

Veteran Member

DDR is the menu system for DNN. There is a theme object version and a module version. Basically, both output a structure that includes page information and links in templatable structure. You can create token, XSLT, and razor templates. You'll find more information at https://dnndocs.com/conte...me-objects/ddrmenu/.

If that's not enough of a pointer, just ask more questions!
          Joe Craig
          DNN MVP
          Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

Thanks for the guidelines.
            Though I am still concerned about accessing the /Sitemap.aspx. Can you elaborate the desired output after hitting the http://myurl/Sitemap.aspx ? Since it's not giving the desired output as per the articles I have read till now.

New Around Here

Hi Joe,
              I just read in one of the DNN forum for DDRMenu that 'this creates a sitemap structure of your menu this does not load your sitemap xml file'. Also, I implemented the DDRMenu (with Sitemap template from https://github.com/MarkXA/ddrmenutemplates ) in my solution but the content is blank inside the HTML it is creating.
              I assume that Sitemap.xml is not created correctly or not created at all. Can you help me find out the solution? I can provide the details if required.

Update: I came to know that I have the page named 'Sitemap' and after changing it to 'Sitemap2' temporarily, I can now access the /Sitemap.aspx and the Sitemap.xml is now created. Though, it didn't contain the Urls but I manually changed the Sitemap.xml as per my solution.

After doing all those things and configure DDRMenu, there's error occurring related to 'DDR Menu is currently unavailable'. Much appriciated if you can help me out of this. Below is the error detail :

Error: DDR Menu is currently unavailable. DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: value ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: value at System.Web.Caching.CacheEntry..ctor(String key, Object value, CacheDependency dependency, CacheItemRemovedCallback onRemovedHandler, DateTime utcAbsoluteExpiration, TimeSpan slidingExpiration, CacheItemPriority priority, Boolean isPublic, CacheInternal cache) at System.Web.Caching.CacheInternal.DoInsert(Boolean isPublic, String key, Object value, CacheDependency dependencies, DateTime utcAbsoluteExpiration, TimeSpan slidingExpiration, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback onRemoveCallback, Boolean replace) at System.Web.Caching.AspNetCache.Insert(String key, Object item, CacheInsertOptions options) at DotNetNuke.Web.DDRMenu.MenuBase.LoadNodeXml() at DotNetNuke.Web.DDRMenu.MenuBase.PreRender() at DotNetNuke.Web.DDRMenu.MenuView.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Veteran Member

I think that we may be talking around two different items.

sitemap.xml is generated by DNN. You get to that from Settings | SEO | Sitemap Settings on the Persona Bar.

It looks like you did go to the right place for some menu templates. I don't know why the sitemap didn't work for you. You might want to use the diagnostic DumpXML template to verify that DDR can return pages. Then go back to the sitemap template to figure out what is happening there. As part of the testing, you might also want to try ULTokens as it is (almost) bulletproof.

When I was mentioning DDR, that was intended to place a set of links to pages on your site (e.g. sitemap), but it has nothing to do with sitemap.xml.
                Joe Craig
                DNN MVP
                Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

Hi Joe,
                  Yes, I understand DDR is for showing set of links to the pages like sitemap. And, I was looking for that only but after configuring it, I came to know that there isn't any sitemap.xml is generating/updating so I was dragged towards it. But, now that is resolved by changing one of the page name having 'Sitemap'.

Still, the DDR error is persisting even after sitemap.xml created. I am looking forward to resolve that error occurring which was mentioned in the previous reply.

Thanks for the suggestions, I will apply those right away.

New Around Here

Hi Joe,

I tried with DumpXML as well as ULTokens as per your suggestions. Integrated the as it is code into my solution which was available here. I also tried with re-installing DDRMenu Module for 9.2.2 version. Still, the error is occurring. I don't understand what next step should be taken now.

Here are the settings I am providing in Menu Settings:

Menu style:    DumpXML
                    Node XML path:    DumpXML/DumpXML-menudef.xml
                    Node selection expression:    RootChildren
                    Nodes to include:    Empty
                    Nodes to exclude:    Empty
                    Node manipulator type:    Empty
                    Include context in XML:    not checked
                    Include hidden nodes:    not checked
                    Template arguments:    Empty
                    Client options:    Empty

Also tried with,
                    Node XML path:    DesktopModules/DDRMenu/DumpXML/DumpXML-menudef.xml

Same was applied for ULTokens. 

Below is the exception occurring in detail :

[ERROR] DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.Exceptions - FriendlyMessage="Error: DDR Menu is currently unavailable." ctrl="ASP.desktopmodules_ddrmenu_menuview_ascx" exc="System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
                    Parameter name: value
                       at System.Web.Caching.CacheEntry..ctor(String key, Object value, CacheDependency dependency, CacheItemRemovedCallback onRemovedHandler, DateTime utcAbsoluteExpiration, TimeSpan slidingExpiration, CacheItemPriority priority, Boolean isPublic, CacheInternal cache)
                       at System.Web.Caching.CacheInternal.DoInsert(Boolean isPublic, String key, Object value, CacheDependency dependencies, DateTime utcAbsoluteExpiration, TimeSpan slidingExpiration, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback onRemoveCallback, Boolean replace)
                       at System.Web.Caching.AspNetCache.Insert(String key, Object item, CacheInsertOptions options)
                       at DotNetNuke.Web.DDRMenu.MenuBase.LoadNodeXml()
                       at DotNetNuke.Web.DDRMenu.MenuBase.PreRender()
                       at DotNetNuke.Web.DDRMenu.MenuView.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)"

Much appriciated if you can help me out of this. Thanks.

Veteran Member

Is there any chance that I could take a look at your site?
                      Joe Craig
                      DNN MVP
                      Patapsco Research Group
                      You are not authorized to post a reply.
                      Page 1 of 212 > >>

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved