DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Extension installation error

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

We were to trying an extension yesterday and faced this issue:

where can I check the logs to know the actual cause? I have already checked the UrlLog, SiteLog, EventLog and Exceptions tables in my DNN database but found nothing helpful.

Veteran Member

Well, it gets tricky, because it just depends on what the issue was.  I agree that this message is just helpful enough to not be helpful. It always has been.  

Most likely, I'm guessing you're working with an installation package that needs to first be unzipped.  Can you take a look inside of the zip file you have?  Does it look like it has other installation packages in it?  Does the file name itself contain something like UNZIPME in the name?  

If these aren't the cause, then I'd suggest trying to use EVS to determine the root cause.  It's kind of buggy in some cases, so you might have to sift through a few false negatives to find the real issue.  

https://evs.dnnsoftware.com/

Advanced Member

Make sure you right click on the zip file go to properties and "unblock" the file. Also, just as reference check that the folder "desktop modules" has read/write permission enabled. Regards.

Ing. Marco Alvarado Gómez MSc | Globalode
        Phone. +506 6049-1880 | WhatsApp. +506 6049-1880 | Email. [email protected]
        Address. Costa Rica (A Pura Vida place!).

Growing Member

What version of DNN are you currently trying to install extension on?
          Open zip folder on extension and look for .dnn file.
          Open in notepad and look for : <dependencies>
                  <dependency type="CoreVersion">09.07.02</dependency>
                </dependencies>

Number above should match your version of dnn.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
          2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
          3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
          4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
          5. No Flaming or Trolling.
          6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
          7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
          8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved