DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

pages, breadcrumbs and administration

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Is there a way to actually manage pages on a longer tree structure? (community edition)
    long isn't even long in number of letters, but when i have a few levels:
    https://www.fijma.eu/Home...rnaut/Marauder-Melee
    The level above
    https://www.fijma.eu/Home...uggernaut shows up in the menu like 

SO thats a guess where i add party
    Finding my way in a tree that is not very clear (if i would have Juggernaut Melee and juggernaut Spell etc...) and even showing nothing.

strange enough, the move element to is showing a readable clickable structure.

So... I can work around stuff but it makes it cumbersome.
    There is a slider under the (first picture) menu, but it is almost useless while the idea of a CMS is easy to manage. 
    So ... Is there another way to do this kind of management? 

when i add more levels management should still be straightforward and this isn't very cms-like in my opinion. I like to be able to add links that are meaningfull when you hover over them.) (here the example is games, but when you have organsiation charts the same structure is part of your information.
    Maybe i should reconsider my structure and way of doing things. might also be an option.

Paul Fijma

Veteran Member

If you need new features or feel there is a bug, please feel free to report an issue on Github.
      Now, on to your situation. As I rarely encounter sites with levels that deep, I took a look at your structure. I'm not sure of the content strategy, but it feels like the game name should be the lowest level and other stuff is just related to that. Like on Amazon, the review of a product is not a new level/page but a piece of content related to that product.
      Would that be an idea?
      Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
      Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
      We just love DNN
      https://www.tjeps.com

New Around Here

Hi Tycho,
        Thanks again for taking the time to reply. I really appreciate that.
        i dont think that i should call it a bug... It was just something i found blocking my train of thoughts.

There are -ofcourse- alternative ways for me to play with the pages and structures.
        One mitigation for me to bring back those deep levels with mix-and-match pages is breaking my content up into several sites. (it related has nothing to do with game-content or even a role playing game play-by-post forum.)
        a tree has to go deep or has to go wide. Amazon has a very wide structure. (with 'long' pages) and behind every long page downwards they have a new set of pages (wide and long). nothing worng with that, but there is no actual realtionship between the articles. (although they are grouped) This makes sense to me with a search engine to finally find a product.
        i have always had deep structures with the older versions of DNN and never had -or actually can't remember ? - a visual limitation of the cms in this sense. Maybe that was a result of certain tools i used. ...
        i'll think about it and I'm going think about my structure and strategy...
        thanks!
        Paul Fijma

Veteran Member

This issue has been raised before and I believe that there is a GitHub issue about it. I'm not sure what priority has been assigned to fixing it, though. I have seen some discussions, though.
          Joe Craig
          DNN MVP
          Patapsco Research Group

Veteran Member

One workaround might be to drop a DDR menu (ULTokens template) on a page accessible only to administrators. That will give you, in a single place, a nicely formatted list of pages (at least that that appear in the menu). You'll be able to navigate to a page and use Page Settings to administer it. Not ideal, I know, but it might help.
            Joe Craig
            DNN MVP
            Patapsco Research Group

Veteran Member

Oh, see the "Adjusting Pages in the Persona Bar" discussion item under "Performance and Optimization."

Joe Craig
              DNN MVP
              Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

Agreed. ☃️

New Around Here

:-) thanks for getting back with the additional information. (i'll look up the github for more information)
                  Aaaaand... I'll check out the DDR menu. Thats one of the components i've rarely used.
                  Paul Fijma
                  You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                  2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                  3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                  4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                  5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                  6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                  7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                  8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved