DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

MVC Module issue

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>

New Around Here

I installed dnn template on my vs 2019. I created my module accourding to manual (i must chaging my .net framwork to 4.7.2 to build). When I add my module to dnn 9.4.1. I get this error:

Message:The webpage at '~/DesktopModules/MVC/HelloWorld/Views/Item/Index.cshtml' must derive from DotNetNukeWebPage.
    StackTrace:
    at DotNetNuke.Web.Razor.RazorEngine.InitWebpage() at DotNetNuke.Web.Razor.RazorEngine..ctor(String razorScriptFile, ModuleInstanceContext moduleContext, String localResourceFile)
    InnerMessage:
    InnerStackTrace:

Source:DotNetNuke.Web.Razor

Could anyone please help me?

Veteran Member

Which templates did you use?
      Joe Craig
      DNN MVP
      Patapsco Research Group

Growing Member

I just did a quick test to make sure my templates (MVC specifically) are working, fresh module created and installed and everything worked fine in my 9.4.4 development site.

Couple things to check, verify the paths are 100% correct ;) VS2019 likes to create the project in a sub folder /desktopmodules/mvc/helloworld/helloworld/ instead of the root /desktopmodules/mvc/helloworld/
        Chris Hammond Christoc.com Software Solutions
        With DNN since before it was DNN!
        Open Source Projects and Tutorials since 2003

New Around Here

Dear Joe Craig
          Thanks alot for your reply
          I installed DNN Template from VS Extension (CreatedBy: Chris Hammond - Chris Version 10).

New Around Here

Dear Chris Hammond
            I installed your template! :) I was surprised.
            I read and saw a lot of manual, tutorial and training. I created and installed module many times and every time I got that error. :((
            After I created module, I could not build that. I changed framework to 4.7.2. Build and installed zip file and error and error and error :(((((

New Around Here

Dear Chris Hammond
              I forgot to say that the path is right:
              >> dnndev.me/DesktopModules/MVC/HelloWorld

New Around Here

PLEASE HELP ME :((((((

Growing Member

Can you verify that the DLL exists in the c:\websites\dnndev.me\bin folder?
                  Chris Hammond Christoc.com Software Solutions
                  With DNN since before it was DNN!
                  Open Source Projects and Tutorials since 2003

New Around Here

Dear Chris
                    Thanks for your reply.
                    DLL is exist.

New Around Here

Dear Chris
                      I'm waiting for your guidance.
                      Could you please help me?
                      You are not authorized to post a reply.
                      Page 1 of 212 > >>

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved