DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Regarding Multirole login in DNN

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Hi All,

i'm working on one of my DNN site. i have one user and i assigned 2 roles (Admin and doctor) to same user.

now i want to login to site using role selection and display modules and menu as per role.

but now issue is in dnn when i login using user they showing 2 modules on one page.

if any one having any idea related to role based login please let me know ASAP.

Thanks

Sachin

Veteran Member

Sachin,
      this is not possible out of the box. When a user is member in two (or more) roles, he gets everything that is allowed for either of the roles.
      The only solution is to create two users for him and assign only one of the roles to each user, e.g. User "XYZ_Admin" to the Administrator role, and "XYZ_Doctor" to the Doctor role.
      Happy DNNing!
      Michael

Michael Tobisch
      DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
      DNN Connect

New Around Here

Hi,
        @Michael Tobisch, Thanks for replay.

Veteran Member

from my experience, admins should not care about seeing modules for different target groups, i.e. authenticated and unauthenticated users. However, for all other situations, you would need to create combinded roles like "doctors", "admin_doctors" and "admins" and make sure, the user is associated just to one of it

Veteran Member

Posted By Sachin on 18 Jun 2019 02:46 AM

Hi All,

i'm working on one of my DNN site. i have one user and i assigned 2 roles (Admin and doctor) to same user.

now i want to login to site using role selection and display modules and menu as per role.

but now issue is in dnn when i login using user they showing 2 modules on one page.

if any one having any idea related to role based login please let me know ASAP.

Thanks

Sachin

You coul suse the "deny" (the "stop sign" checkbox) settings for Page / Module rights, but IMO they can get difficult to manage

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
            2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
            3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
            4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
            5. No Flaming or Trolling.
            6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
            7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
            8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved