DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Recycle Bin

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>

New Around Here

I am trying to recover a deleted page, but there are many pages in our recycle bin, and I only see the first 15 with no option to search or go to the next page.  How can I recover this page?  I am using Evoq Basic 9.2.2

Veteran Member

I'm not an Evoq user, so I'm not sure if this is a bug or something else. In other versions of DNN, the list scrolls to all deleted pages.

Since you are an Evoq user, you are entitled to support on issues like this from DNN Corp. You could contact them for help.
      Joe Craig
      DNN MVP
      Patapsco Research Group

Veteran Member

For what it's worth, this is not a problem in DNN 9.3.2.
        Joe Craig
        DNN MVP
        Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

Good to know, but unfortunately we are stuck on 9.2 for a while since it is the highest version supported by one of our plugins.

Veteran Member

I have a DNN 9.2.2 install. The single site showed exactly 15 modules in the recycle bin. That was too much of a coincidence for me, so I added a module to a page and deleted it. The Recycle Bin still shows 15 modules, and not the one I just deleted.

So, I'd conclude that this probably is a bug, and that it's been fixed at least by 9.3.2.

So ... I'll stick with my suggestion of contacting Evoq support.

(It might be possible to recover the module by doing some editing in the database. Unless you really know what you are doing here, or can test it on a copy of the production site, I wouldn't recommend that approach.)
            Joe Craig
            DNN MVP
            Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

Thanks for confirming, Joe!

I did play around in a copy of the database, but the after changing obvious things (like IsDeleted from True to False) in the Tabs table, the page is still inaccessible.  I suspect if I added things to the TabSettings and TabUrls tables it would work, but I think I'll just wait for a response from my support ticket instead...

Veteran Member

Posted By cfuhrhop on 19 Jul 2019 09:04 AM

Thanks for confirming, Joe!

I did play around in a copy of the database, but the after changing obvious things (like IsDeleted from True to False) in the Tabs table, the page is still inaccessible.  I suspect if I added things to the TabSettings and TabUrls tables it would work, but I think I'll just wait for a response from my support ticket instead...

You probably already know this, but I'd always caution against directly querying anything the database for any application. 

When you change those values, you should know that it's rare for anything in the core to immediately exhibit any behavior differences until you clear the cache or recycle the application.  

Have you tried deleting some of the pages from the recycle bin?  This is a good idea to do on a regular basis.  Not only will it keep your website clean and help ensure higher-performance over time, but it will help increase everyone's productivity when using the recycle bin since there's less to sort through (in any version of DNN).  :) 

In your case, deleting some of the pages may help to show the page you're looking for.

Also, as Joe suggests, Evoq customers should consider contacting DNN Corp first.  Unfortunately, there are a lot of little oddities that Evoq does to DNN Platform to impact how it functions.

New Around Here

Just heard back from support- this is a known issue in 9.2.2.  The workaround is to reduce the size of the browser window and reload the page.  If the resolution is 1980x1080 or higher, there is a javascript problem that prevents the rest of the list from populating when scrolling.

Veteran Member

Excellent!

Joe Craig
                    DNN MVP
                    Patapsco Research Group

Advanced Member

As far as I can remember there are no breaking changes between 9.2.x and 9.3.x, did you actually try an upgrade or is it only because that module does not list 9.3 as a supported version yet ? That fix was part of 9.3.0 if I remember correctly.
                      You are not authorized to post a reply.
                      Page 1 of 212 > >>

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved