DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Translating the Roles in the personabar

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>

New Around Here

After finishing the translations we are seeing that the PersonaBar Roles page title is not translated.
    Geen fotobeschrijving beschikbaar.

We have checked every single translation file in the desktopmodules.
    For a quick summary of the most important onces that we have checked:

- DesktopModules\Admin\Dnn.PersonaBar\App_LocalResources\PersonaBar.resx
    - DesktopModules\Admin\Dnn.PersonaBar\Modules\Dnn.Roles\App_LocalResources\Roles.resx
    - DesktopModules\Admin\Dnn.PersonaBar\Modules\Dnn.Users\App_LocalResources\Users.resx

Does anyone know the location of this translation? Maybe we need to add it in another file?

New Around Here

Aranka,

This is Grzegorz ZieliƄski under the nickname of Greg Greensky here. :)
      Regarding your question here and on Facebook: is your website translated (localized) meaning are there translated equivalents of the *.resx files mentioned above?

Every pair of language key: value can be translated then from within DNN installation.

The result is e.g.
      DesktopModules\Admin\Dnn.PersonaBar\App_LocalResources\PersonaBar.resx => DesktopModules\Admin\Dnn.PersonaBar\App_LocalResources\PersonaBar.pl-pl.resx

Veteran Member

I just tested where this value is for Users and it's:

< data name="nav_Users.Text" xml:space="preserve">
            < value>Users-x< /value>
          < /data>

In
        DesktopModules\Admin\Dnn.PersonaBar\Modules\Dnn.Users\App_LocalResources\Users.resx

As soon as I change that value to Users-X and restart the application pool, the text get's change in the PB menu and the header of the Page itself.
        When I do the same for the

< data name="nav_Roles.Text" xml:space="preserve">
            < value>Roles-x< /value>
          < /data>

In DesktopModules\Admin\Dnn.PersonaBar\Modules\Dnn.Roles\App_LocalResources\Roles.resx

Only the text in the PB menu changes, so IMO this is a bug.

New Around Here

Hi Grzegorz,

Thanks for you reply.
          All our files that we translated have a nl_NL so this is correct.

New Around Here

Hi Timo,

So then this needs looking at, do I have to place this question on another website so that we see that it is a bug?
            Please let me know what I can do.

Veteran Member

Aranka,
              please log bugs in the issue tracker at https://github.com/dnnsof...ssues including a link to this thread.
              Thank you.

Veteran Member

Hi Aranka,

You can log it here (or I can also do that if you want):

https://github.com/dnnsof.../Dnn.Platform/issues

Please post a link in this thread if you post it and I'll add my text to it.

New Around Here

Hi all,

I have added it to the Github issue thread.
                  https://github.com/dnnsof...Platform/issues/3258

Veteran Member

Posted By Aranka van der Zwaard on 07 Nov 2019 06:17 AM

Hi all,

I have added it to the Github issue thread.
                    https://github.com/dnnsof...Platform/issues/3258

New Around Here

Hello,
                      Just out of curiosity: what language did you translate to, was it Dutch? Did you not use the language pack at all, and if so, why?
                      groeten,
                      Sytske
                      You are not authorized to post a reply.
                      Page 1 of 212 > >>

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved