DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Adding UET code

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Hello All - I am trying to add UET code from microsoft ads to my website to track my ads performance. I have DNN Platform v. 09.11.00 (46) I added the UET code that I created through micorosoft ads in dnn through setting>configurator>google tag manager

I can see the code in my html on my home page, but not other pages. On my main page the UET tag mananger doesn't see the code. 

On the micorsoft ads page my UET code reads as unverified. I was told by microsoft ads that I need to add the code to each page. 

Is there some other place or method I need to add the code through?

Thank your for your help.

Veteran Member

Hello there, and welcome to the community! 

Most often, whenever you want to add something to every page, the best thing to do is add it to your theme.  This will ensure that every page load will execute the script. 

If you don't want to do that, or can't, then there are two other options...

1. You can build a new theme object, and add that to your theme.  
      2. You can build your own connector that injects the code you're referring to.  

Growing Member

Hi Julie
        I get this question more often, so I figured I create a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HdK_AcyP6s
        Hope this helps.

Cheers
        Tycho

Veteran Member

Posted By Tycho de Waard - Tjeps on 8/15/2023 11:12 PM
          Hi Julie
          I get this question more often, so I figured I create a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HdK_AcyP6s
          Hope this helps.

Cheers
          Tycho

Awesome video!  😎🤙🏽 

New Around Here

Thank you for the video. I added the UET tag in HTML Page Header Tags as described and have now waited the 24 hours (as Microsoft suggests) to check and see if the tag is working through Microsoft's tag helper. Our website is still not showing any active UET tags. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong.

Veteran Member

Well, we won't know either.  😉

What have you found out through troubleshooting?  Do you see the tags in the emitted HTML?  Are you able to use their validator to verify the UET implementation is actually applied as expected?  

New Around Here

Thanks Will. 

I can see the tag I inserted in the header in the HTML. I have the UET tag helper set up and when I run it on any of my pages it says "No UET tags found." I added it to the header over 24 hours ago.

Veteran Member

What was the result of the validation tool that Microsoft has?  You should try using that.  It's going to tell you much more than any of us can with the information we have.  

Advanced Member

Hey Tycho, nice video man! 

Ing. Marco Alvarado Gómez MSc | Globalode
                    Phone. +506 6049-1880 | WhatsApp. +506 6049-1880 | Email. [email protected]
                    Address. Costa Rica (A Pura Vida place!).
                    You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                    2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                    3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                    4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                    5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                    6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                    7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                    8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved