DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Issue with DNN ReturnURL part

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Hello Team,

We are getting a issue using returnurl concept in our website. Our Website is multilingual site. Some of the pages are to be common accross the multi lingual platformm thus kept them as "Neutral". So the pages are working as expected. But now we found that if same pages are being opened in browser in which login is still not done, hence are unauthenticated.So as expected for these urls it tries to extract returnUrl parameter and redirect to welcome page. We noticed for the pages which are localized this functionality is working fine. But if the page is Neutralized the functionality is not wokring properly (i.e. returnURL is calculated wrongly). Do we have any configuration to fix this issue?

Regards,

Alok

Advanced Member

Alok, why don't you instead of having those neutral pages try to have one for each language? it it's neutral means that the content it's generic regardless of the language.
      Ing. Marco Alvarado Gómez MSc | Globalode
      Phone. +506 6049-1880 | WhatsApp. +506 6049-1880 | Email. [email protected]
      Address. Costa Rica (A Pura Vida place!).

New Around Here

I understand, if we have one for each language it will resolve the issue. But from content management system, I think it is not realistic to make langauge specific for each page. To my understanding neutral page meant it is same for all languages, which is really possible. So should be available in each language as it is its own. But I think return url should have taken this factor as a input as to make sure it works fine in multilingual environment and calculated returnURL accordingly. May be this can go an some enhancement if it is not possible with the current system.

Veteran Member

Posted By Alok Agarwal on 10/3/2023 5:48 AM

I understand, if we have one for each language it will resolve the issue. But from content management system, I think it is not realistic to make langauge specific for each page. To my understanding neutral page meant it is same for all languages, which is really possible. So should be available in each language as it is its own. But I think return url should have taken this factor as a input as to make sure it works fine in multilingual environment and calculated returnURL accordingly. May be this can go an some enhancement if it is not possible with the current system.

I'm not entirely sure that's how it should work, but I'm not the best person to talk to about localization. I'd next recommend creating a new Issue in GitHub so it might be verified (or not).  😊 

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
          2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
          3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
          4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
          5. No Flaming or Trolling.
          6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
          7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
          8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved