DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Help! Error on moving site to new server

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 41234 > >>

New Around Here

I am trying to move a live DNN website (version 09.05.00) FROM Windows Server 2016 TO new Windows 2022 server.Both are 64-bit OS.By following the official dnn documentation,https://dnnsupport.dnnsof...nother-Server,  copied all files, set up AppPool, set up a web site... . Note: Restored database backup on the new server.Created new login on the sql server, with db_owner permission and test db connection.

Provided all security permission to the dnn website folder on new server . Updated connection string on web config with new server instance name and sql user credentials. Inorder to test locally on the server, on creating site on IIS, hostname is provided as 'dnndev.me'(Live site is using another hostname.So updated portalalias table with dnndev.me entry).After refreshing IIS and DNS flush, when I try to browse 'dnndev.me' on browser I am getting 'Site can't be reached' error. On Event viewer there is no error log related to this dnndev.me. If I change app pool by setting 'Enable 32-bit Applications' to 'True' (which was 'False' on the FROM Server) I am getting an error 'Could not load file or assembly 'ChilkatDotNet2' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.'Same error is listed on event viewer log also. How can I move the website from current server to new server or how can I resolve above error.

New Around Here

As I posted before,  'Enable 32-bit Applications' value is set as 'False' on current running server(FROM server:Windows Server 2016).By setting it as False on new Server, when trying to browse dnndev.me, I am getting the error  'Site can't be reached'.  As per the above post , when I tried to change app pool by setting 'Enable 32-bit Applications' to 'True'  I am getting the error 'Could not load file or assembly 'ChilkatDotNet2' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.'

Growing Member

You may need to set trust level to Full in web . config?
        See other suggestions at www[dot]chilkatsoft[dot]com/downloads_DotNet[dot]asp

New Around Here

Yes trust level is already set as Full in web config. Already tried suggestion as per above link ,downloaded and installed the needed runtime redist  Microsoft VC++ Runtime Redist Downloads(By following Common Error #2 on above link)

Growing Member

Other than a full reboot I'm not sure what else to suggest at this point.

New Around Here

Already done reboot and still same issue . 

Veteran Member

Actually I have no more idea. Maybe you have overseen a little detail (that happens to me sometimes, e.g. installing the IIS Url Rewrite Module on the new server when it's needed), so I would try to compare what IIS modules and any other tools you have installed on the old server and check if they are installed on the new one...

Happy DNNing!
                Michael

Michael Tobisch
                DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
                DNN Connect

Veteran Member

Please check App Pool configuration, the user profile should not be loaded and only one worker process be enabled. Make sure, it uses proper version of Net framework.
                  I suggest using App Pool Identity as .Net user for the website and "integrated security" for accessing SQL database, if SQL server is installed on the same machine - otherwise use a Windows domain account.
                  Test, whether you are able to display an image on the site via your web browser by entering the direct path - if yes, the website is properly accessible and the problem is the application.

Veteran Member

Are the old server and the new server running different Windows versions? A few months ago I stumbled upon a small issue when migrating to Windows 2022, so when it is this, I can look at what it was in detail (even I think I have already mentioned that in the forums here).

Happy DNNing!
                    Michael

Michael Tobisch
                    DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
                    DNN Connect
                    You are not authorized to post a reply.
                    Page 1 of 41234 > >>

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                    2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                    3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                    4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                    5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                    6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                    7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                    8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved