DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

404 error open html editor manager

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 3 << < 123 > >>

Growing Member

The editor seems to be working fine now, I am no longer getting errors like before. I just cannot open custom setting from the site settings page. I get the 404 error. I rembered now RadEditor was being used by CataLook back in DNN V7/8 and below.  

Thanks for your help. Maybe I'll just leave it alone for now. 

Advanced Member

I have this same issue (404 when trying to access the HTML editor Config through Site Settings) and never did find a fix, but am able to access the editor config from the "Custom Editor Options" link below the editor itself.

I might try this solution as well.

Thanks

Growing Member

FYI. I did not delete anything since both editor providers are on the web.config file and if it broke further I would not be able to fix. 

let me know if you are succeful and i'll try as well.

Thanks 

Veteran Member

Posted By Franc on 05 Jun 2020 04:18 PM

The editor seems to be working fine now, I am no longer getting errors like before. I just cannot open custom setting from the site settings page. I get the 404 error. I rembered now RadEditor was being used by CataLook back in DNN V7/8 and below.  

Thanks for your help. Maybe I'll just leave it alone for now. 

You should definitely uninstall RAD though as it contains security issues.
          Backup first etc. but make sure you get rid of it.

Veteran Member

Posted By Tom Melkonian on 06 Jun 2020 05:21 PM
            I have this same issue (404 when trying to access the HTML editor Config through Site Settings) and never did find a fix, but am able to access the editor config from the "Custom Editor Options" link below the editor itself.

I might try this solution as well.

Thanks

The 404 is a known issue I think, there's a Github issue for it AFAIK.

New Around Here

We're experiencing the same issue on a DNN 9.4.4 installation that was upgraded from DNN 9.2.2 recently. On other installations we have it works but not this one. We try to load the https://MyURL/Host/HTMLEd...0&portpopUp=true by itself or inside the frame and we get the 404.0 error. I verified the system is set to use the CKE and it's also what's defined in the web.config for this website. The old RadEditor isn't installed and no other 3rd party editors either. If I go to a page -> content -> Edit Content and the editor comes up and lets me also click the Custom Editor Options at the bottom and view it too.

Where is the routing information for this page stored? Because it's acting like the internal rewrite doesn't even know to rewrite this URL to someplace that exists.

I did see a case like this in github but it's been closed for a reason that doesn't apply to us.
              https://github.com/dnnsof...Platform/issues/3816

Veteran Member

You should be able to uninstall the RAD Editor Provider from the Extensions page. Look for the Providers section, IIRC.
                Joe Craig
                DNN MVP
                Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

Posted By Joe Craig on 31 Aug 2020 05:07 PM
                  You should be able to uninstall the RAD Editor Provider from the Extensions page. Look for the Providers section, IIRC.

There was a RAD Editor Manager in the Extensions -> Providers area which I did uninstall and verified the DLL was gone but the issue still persists for our installation.

New Around Here

We found that if we switch the urlFormat in the web.config from “humanfriendly” to “advanced” the HTML Manager starts to work.  If you swap it back it breaks again.  However, now a decade of URLs will be incorect if we leave it in that mode.  Was there a solution for this in the newer 9.6/9.7 versions?

Veteran Member

The older "humanfriendly" URLs should continue to work. Have you checked that?
                      Joe Craig
                      DNN MVP
                      Patapsco Research Group
                      You are not authorized to post a reply.
                      Page 2 of 3 << < 123 > >>

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved