DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Administrator Role Required After Upgrade

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Not very familiar with DNN and helping a family member upgrade from 7.3.4 to 9.7.0. Site includes custom module developed by third party that functions correctly (as it has for past four years) when logged in with administrator role, but does not work when logged in only as subscriber. There are tooltips and hidden tabs in the module. The tooltips will not work at all unless logged in as admin and it appears that the hidden tab will work the first time you click on one but then no more afterwards.

Inspecting the page gives the following errors -

1. jquery-3.5.1.min.js?cdv=214:2 Uncaught TypeError: e.indexOf is not a function
          at S.fn.init.S.fn.load (jquery-3.5.1.min.js?cdv=214:2)
    2. jquery-3.5.1.min.js?cdv=214:2 Uncaught Error: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: .nav-tabs a[href=#Cart]

Looking at the sources, I have dnn.js?cdv=214 and dnn.servicesframework.js?cdv=214 loading when logged in as admin but not when logged in as subscriber.

This is definitely not my area of expertise and over my pay grade but hoping someone can help me out so I can help them out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Growing Member

Lee, as a first try at helping you, may I ask if you have upgraded your modules to their latest versions since or during your DNN upgrades? Old modules in a new DNN can cause problems just like what you have described.

New Around Here

Thanks for the reply Mark! I checked and all the extensions in use are at 9.7.0 with the exception of the third party one. I do see that I have some very old jQueryUI versions, but again, everything works perfectly for the user that is logged in with admin role.

Veteran Member

Yes, I think that the problem is the items not loaded for regular subscribers. Usually you can point to the theme/skin as the culprit.

So, for fun create a test page and specify the Xcillion skin for that page. If everything works for both kinds of roles on that page, then your theme needs to be updated.

The other think to look at is the old versions of jQueryUI. I suspect that they are being loaded in the theme, and probably should be removed. Since DNN 7, loading jQuery has been improved. Take a look at Xcillion to see how that is done.
          Joe Craig
          DNN MVP
          Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

Thanks for your reply Joe. I created the test page and used Xcillion skin and everything worked with both roles.

I then looked at the ascx for the page that is not working. I should have mentioned that it is a custom theme/skin as well. JQuery and a custom js were commented out. It is only loading bootstrap.min.js.

There is a script section in the ascx file as follows -

$(document).ready(function () {
                    $("li.dropdown").hover(function () {
                        $(this).addClass('open');
                        //$(".open a").addClass('dropdown-toggle');
                        //$(".open a").attr("data-toggle", "dropdown");
                        //$(".dropdown-menu li").removeClass('open');
                        //$(".dropdown-menu li a").removeClass('dropdown-toggle');
                        //$(".dropdown-menu li a").removeAttr("data-toggle", "dropdown");
                    });
                $("li.dropdown").mouseleave(function () {
                    $(this).removeClass('open');
                     //$(".dropdown a").removeClass('dropdown-toggle');
                     //$(".dropdown a").removeAttr("data-toggle", "dropdown");

});

$("ul.nav li").click(function () {
                    $("ul.nav li").removeClass('open');
                    $("ul.nav li a").removeClass('dropdown-toggle');
                    $("ul.nav li a").removeAttr("data-toggle", "dropdown");

});
                $('.carousel').carousel({
                    interval: 5000
                });
                });<script> $(document).ready(function () { $("li.dropdown").hover(function () { $(this).addClass('open'); //$(".open a").addClass('dropdown-toggle'); //$(".open a").attr("data-toggle", "dropdown"); //$(".dropdown-menu li").removeClass('open'); //$(".dropdown-menu li a").removeClass('dropdown-toggle'); //$(".dropdown-menu li a").removeAttr("data-toggle", "dropdown"); }); $("li.dropdown").mouseleave(function () { $(this).removeClass('open'); //$(".dropdown a").removeClass('dropdown-toggle'); //$(".dropdown a").removeAttr("data-toggle", "dropdown"); }); $("ul.nav li").click(function () { $("ul.nav li").removeClass('open'); $("ul.nav li a").removeClass('dropdown-toggle'); $("ul.nav li a").removeAttr("data-toggle", "dropdown"); }); $('.carousel').carousel({ interval: 5000 }); }); </script>

You are clearly correct in the issue has to be with the theme and it needs to be updated, I am just at a loss for what I would update.

Veteran Member

I would take a look at how Xcillion loads those items. I think that the file in question is Common/AddFiles.ascx which is "included" in every skin file (the ascx files in the skin's root directory)

If you need to load other stuff, put it there, and take it out of your custom module. That way, the files will be there for every page. (Bear in mind that it's late and I've had a long day ...)
              Joe Craig
              DNN MVP
              Patapsco Research Group
              You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
              2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
              3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
              4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
              5. No Flaming or Trolling.
              6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
              7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
              8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved