DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Module Message Control

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>

Growing Member

Hello ,

I have a problem where my skin has a dnn pane in the header, and DNN will display the verification message there after a user registers.

I do not want the module message to display there - any way to stop it, or direct it to another pane?

Veteran Member

System messages are displayed by default n top of the pane "ContentPane" (each skin needs to have exact one pane with this name. you may easily rename your panes to assign this name to another pane you like to use.

Growing Member

Thank you for the response Sebastian.  My header has a pane named topbarpane - this is where the verification message is getting displayed.  So should I rename it?  Even though it is not called contentpane?

Veteran Member

that's very strange, I am sure, any message should be displayed either inside a module or on top of pane "ContentPane".
          Did you check source code of the rendered page using developer tools of your browser?

Growing Member

Thanks again for your quick response.

I checked the name of pane with visual studio - I am the developer.

I am running dnn 9.7.2 - not sure if that matters - but it might.

Veteran Member

AFAIK, there hasn't been changes in this area recently, i.e. behaviour of your version should not differ from current one.
              pleae check source code of the RENDERED page, where the message is injected - it might just be outside a module div and therefore been displayed on the wrong page position.

Growing Member

I looked at the code in dev tools on chrome - it is definatly imjecting into topbarpane.

It pushes my html to bottom.  I tryed posting code but it doesnt read and gets striped.  Trying taking out brackets.

It says it is : div id="dnn_ctr2669_ctl00_dnnSkinMessage" class="dnnFormMessage dnnFormWarning"
                                            span id="dnn_ctr2669_ctl00_lblMessage"You are using an unverified account. Please verify your account by clicking on the link contained in the verification email that has been sent to you. Click a href="#" class="send-verification-mail">here/a to re-send the verification mail./span
                                        /div

<style type="text/css"><br />                                                                 .headertext p {
                                                                                    line-height: 1.1;
                                                                                    font-weight: bold !important;
                                                                                    font-size: 28px;
                                                                                    font-family: Arial,sans-serif;
                                                                                    color: white;
                                                                                    text-rendering: optimizeLegibility;
                                                                                }
                                                                                .headertext2 p {
                                                                                    font-size: 13px;
                                                                                    line-height: 11px;
                                                                                    line-height: 10px;
                                                                                    -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased;
                                                                                    -moz-osx-font-smoothing: grayscale;
                                                                                    -webkit-transform: translate3d(0,0,0) !important;
                                                                                    transform: translate3d(0,0,0) !important;
                                                                                }
                                                                            </style> <style type="text/css"><br />                                                                 .headertext p {
                                                                                    line-height: 1.1;
                                                                                    font-weight: bold !important;
                                                                                    font-size: 28px;
                                                                                    color: white;
                                                                                }
                                                                                .headertext2 p {
                                                                                    font-size: 13px;
                                                                                    line-height: 11px;
                                                                                    line-height: 10px;
                                                                                    -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased;
                                                                                    -moz-osx-font-smoothing: grayscale;
                                                                                    -webkit-transform: translate3d(0,0,0) !important;
                                                                                    transform: translate3d(0,0,0) !important;
                                                                                }
                                                                            </style>

Veteran Member

John,
                  question is: where is the div id="dnn_ctr2669_ctl00_dnnSkinMessage" injected - in which pane?

@Joe; sorry, but your reply is out of context and not helpful for the problem discussed.

Growing Member

Inside the topbarpane.

Veteran Member

very strange, is topbarpane the first pane in the page code?
                      You are not authorized to post a reply.
                      Page 1 of 212 > >>

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved