DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Admin instead of Page Theme loads on View Control Type.

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

I am working on enhancing an old asp.net C# compile web module started from the Cristoc templates. The goal of this page is to embed in an iframe for use on other sites and I could create a whole new portal and put this page into it and select the admin page theme to be a minimalist theme with a single container but I'd rather figure out why DNN (8.0.3) is loading the admin skin instead of the default skin. 

It has numerous controls defined such as:
    Default View . source desktopmodules/module/view.ascx  Type: View
    Category source desktopmodules/module/category.ascx  Type Edit
    Send source source desktopmodules/module/send.ascx Type View

Send.ascx is navigated to by the onclick event of a link button:
    this.Response.Redirect(Globals.NavigateURL(this.PortalSettings.ActiveTab.TabID, "Send", "mid=" + this.ModId.ToString() + & "detailId=" + commandArgment) 

When Send.ascx loads, the expected and desired behavior is that the site's default page theme is loaded by DNN. However, I can't figure out why the configured Admin theme is loaded for this page. 

I went through the module definitions and even changed the send control to be the view type from its previous value and this had no effect on the fact that DNN loads the Admin vs the desired page theme file.Also note on the site the module is actually running there is a specific page theme of the minimalist version and when user advances to the last step they get the whole tamale of DNN instead of the minimalist them.

Thanks in advance!!

Veteran Member

by default, only module controls of type "view" are displayed using the page skin, all modules controls with keys edit, settings and other are displayed using site admin skin. In your own module, you may use a dispatcher control (type view), which reads the control to used by itself from the query string.
      HTH

New Around Here

I have gone into the module definitions and ensured that the "Send" control specified is "View" type. I am perplexed still why when the page is accessed accordingly in the globals.navigateurl specified previously it should by all rights be loading the default theme and not the edit theme. 

Additional thoughts other than refactoring the detailview control I have to programmatically load this send control would be much appreciated. Perhaps I am missing something from configuration somewhere?

Send Control Manifest File DefinitionSend Control Extensions

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
        2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
        3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
        4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
        5. No Flaming or Trolling.
        6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
        7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
        8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved