DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Site-Logo links to default language

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>

New Around Here

Hello,

I'm running Multi-Language DNN sites for many years and ran into a problem that doesn't make any sense to me.
    The site already has 4 active languages that work just fine. I added a new language and set everything up as usual, except with this language, the Site-Logo links to the default language - menu links are fine.

It's a DNN 9.8.1 site and I already checked:

• Permissions
    • Default pages
    • TabUrls
    • Site aliases
    • Pages marked as translated and published
    • Reset application pool / cache

Can anyone tell me how to fix the Site-Logo link or where to go from here?

Regards,
    Alois Krichmayr
    www.sierzega.com

Veteran Member

did you make sure in website settings, there is a website alias for this languages, which is marked as primary?
      did you make sure, the language is enabled for the site?
      did you make sure, the home page is specified properly for this languages in site settings?

New Around Here

Yes to all of these. Even double checked, unset the default "home" page -> save -> reset to the specific page. Removed primary from the alias and set it to primary again.

Regards,
        Alois Krichmayr
        www.sierzega.com

Veteran Member

ok, in this case, check portalsettings table in the database, there might be settings for hometabid without culturecode interfering. please delete this record. Make sure, there is one with a culturecode of all languages used.

New Around Here

Good morning and thank you for your help!

I just checked PortalSettings and didn't find any HomeTabId entries. However, when I checked the PortalLocalization table I noticed something very strange:
            Both en-US (Portal default) and fr-FR have the same TabIds for all selected default pages, even though "Default pages" show the correct pages (or the correctly translated page names).
            Im my last post I wrote:
            Even double checked, unset the default "home" page -> save -> reset to the specific page

It didn't seem to change anything but in fact it did change something. It changed the HomeTabId of the default language en-US to the TabId of the fr-FR translation of the "Home" page. The Site-Logo of en-US (default) now links to fr-fr.

I think it's time to move this to Github and create an issue, what do you think?

Regards,
            Alois Krichmayr
            www.sierzega.com

Veteran Member

sorry, you are correct, those values are stored in table PortalLocalization.
              please make sure, all values point to published pages in the appropriate language, if necessary, you might updated manually in the database (after a database backup!) and clear DNN cache for it becoming effective.

New Around Here

Well it's not just the TabIds - Descriptions, KeyWords and who knows what else also swapped, so I'd prefer to fix the root cause of this.

Let me show you a few screenshots:

The PortalLocalization table after I changed the fr-FR "Home" page at default pages to "None specified", saved and set it to "Accueil" (fr-FR version of "Home") again. The HomeTabId of en-US changed to 459 (= TabId of the French "Home" page) while the HomeTabId of fr-FR remained at 102 (= TabId of the en-US "Home" page).
                Note that all other default page TabIds of en-US and fr-FR are the same, even though Site Settings -> Site Behaviour -> Default Pages show the French page names.

At the same time, the fr-FR Default Pages show "Accueil" as the default Home page, even though the PortalLocalization TabId is 102, an en-US page named "Home".

After further investigation I noticed that Description and KeyWords fields swapped place with the fr-FR translation: en-US now shows the French description and KeyWords, while fr-FR shows the English Description and KeyWords. So I wonder what else might be affected.

Any idea what's going on here or why this is happening?

Regards,
                Alois Krichmayr
                www.sierzega.com

New Around Here

Figured it out.

No matter what localization is currently selected when you go to Site Behavior, all changes made to Default Pages overwrite the en-US settings, even though the entire UI and page names are displayed in the current locale. All flags are greyed out, only after you select a flag, settings are saved to the corresponding localization entry.

See bug report:
                  https://github.com/dnnsof...Platform/issues/4725

Regards,
                  Alois Krichmayr
                  www.sierzega.com

Veteran Member

it looks like the current UI language was not selected the first time.
                    I am not aware this to be a general issue, i.e. the question is, why it happened to you.
                    Are you having a single primary website alias for each language and a neutral one?

New Around Here

Well I was able to reproduce it on a fresh 9.8.1 installation.
                      Yes, I do have one primary alias for each lang and a neutral one.

Maybe it's been fixed already in a later version?

Regards,
                      Alois Krichmayr
                      www.sierzega.com
                      You are not authorized to post a reply.
                      Page 1 of 212 > >>

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved