DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

DNN Theming

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Veteran Member

Posted By Craig Mitchell on 06 Aug 2021 02:47 PM

Out of interest is all the telerik control has been removed out of Vanjaro.  I'm running the latest dnn release and seems pretty good so far. 

Regards

Craig

Yes, Vanjaro is Telerik free.

You can have your DNN Telerik free as well btw. If you have updated DNN to 9.8.1 (I think) or newer, the Resource manager is shipped which can replace the file manager and is free from Telerik. To be sure there are no left overs, you run the Telerik identifier from Mitch Sellers.

Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
    Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
    We just love DNN
    https://www.tjeps.com

Veteran Member

Posted By Craig Mitchell on 06 Aug 2021 04:39 PM

I was under the impression the original start to shrink the core was to help simplify the move the .net core eventually.  After catchup read on DNN, .NET Core, and the Road Ahead > DNN Corp (dnnsoftware.com) it looks like this may not be the case due to all the underlying hurdles.  I suppose time will tell.

Regards

Craig Mitchell

There are several content management systems dealing with the same issues. The first .NET Core versions were a no brainer: there was simply a huge amount of functionality not present yet to build a CMS. In the meantime .NET Core evolved and arguably is now sufficient to build a great enterprise CMS. 

As it is quite a bit of work, there were a couple of conclusions. Focus must be on removing Telerik first. Because although .NET Core is the new kid in town, the version is supported until 2024 whereas .NET as we know it, is supported until at least 2031.

This gives more time to elaborate with .NET foundation and hope Microsoft is able to help or lower the barriers to the move to .NET Core. As DNN is still by far the largest CMS, based on Microsoft, I can imagine they're willing to assist. 

Having said that: the current situation is not holding back any one. Many of us have been creating .NET Core projects / applications, running in an environment where DNN takes care of the content. 

Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
      We just love DNN

New Around Here

Just been looking at how other cms's have changed as as everyone here knows or heard of wordpress i see there is now in Beta a Theme editor. This looks very much like Vajaro and i believe will bring a lot of none coders to the platform as mentioned like Vajaro and how something like this would be great to include in the core. I still have little annoyances. Etc wish could just open on a page specific and not have to change the entire theme but am hoping they are areas mandeep will refine. Speaking of which any upcoming updates? I'm struggling to remove the tab off the login page.... Am sure is somewhere......

Craig Mitchell

Veteran Member

Hi Craig,

You should consider Vanjaro as a third party product. So, roadmaps, Q&A etc are best placed on the pages/sites that are focused on those products. In this case https://github.com/vanjar...orm/discussions/2041

Regarding your question about page specific layouts: both in DNN and in Vanjaro this is possible. DNN has an 'appearence' tab on the page settings where you can select another theme, layout or container. The advantage from DNN over Vanjaro is that you can easily set a layout on multiple pages. 

Cheers

Tycho

Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
          We just love DNN
          You are not authorized to post a reply.
          Page 2 of 2 << < 12

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
          2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
          3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
          4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
          5. No Flaming or Trolling.
          6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
          7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
          8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved