DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Lost subpages after renaming parent

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

I've been created localised version of a number of pages which were all under a parent page on the menu. I then had to change the tabname of the parent, so i localised the parent and changed the page name, but now my sub pages are no longer visible in the menu and when i under 'Pages' the branch is empty.

The pages are still listed correctly in the default language and if i query the database the localised tab pages are still there. 

I guess that its broken the parent link somehow - any ideas of how to get the localised pages back.

Veteran Member

The TabId of the parent page is stored in the Tabs table - did you check if they are there correctly?

Happy DNNing!
      Michael

Michael Tobisch
      DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
      DNN Connect

Veteran Member

Posted By Johnhols on 17 Aug 2021 06:08 AM

I've been created localised version of a number of pages which were all under a parent page on the menu. I then had to change the tabname of the parent, so i localised the parent and changed the page name, but now my sub pages are no longer visible in the menu and when i under 'Pages' the branch is empty.

The pages are still listed correctly in the default language and if i query the database the localised tab pages are still there. 

I guess that its broken the parent link somehow - any ideas of how to get the localised pages back.

Ok, so the parent page was a neutral (not localized) page with localized child pages before you change to to localized?

New Around Here

The parentid are stored against the subpages in the tabs table, its the same parentid for each of the localised pages

The parent page was only localised after the subpages had been localised, which has caused the problem. 

New Around Here

I've bit the bullet and restored the database to try again, this time i've started by localising the parent and then working my way down the branches, what i have found now is that only the localised subpages appear on the localised branch, it doesn't include any unlocalised pages.

Looking at the database it's created a completely new branch for each language, looking at SQL the branch is called Solutions, 

tabid    taborder    parentid    tabname    url    CultureCode    contentitemid    tabpath
            200    15    NULL    Solutions    293    en-US    612    //Solutions
            803    27    NULL    Solutions (de-DE)    293    de-DE    5341    //Solutions(de-DE)
            804    25    NULL    Solutions (es-ES)    293    es-ES    5347    //Solutions(es-ES)
            805    23    NULL    Solutions (fr-FR)    293    fr-FR    5353    //Solutions(fr-FR)
            806    21    NULL    Solutions (nl-NL)    293    nl-NL    5359    //Solutions(nl-NL)
            807    19    NULL    Solutions (sv-SE)    293    sv-SE    5365    //Solutions(sv-SE)
            808    17    NULL    Solutions (da-DK)    293    da-DK    5371    //Solutions(da-DK)

Rows where parentid=200 (Solutions)

tabid    taborder    parentid    tabname    url    CultureCode    contentitemid    tabpath
            293    1    200    Overview        en-US    917    //Solutions//Overview
            584    3    200    Document management    614    en-US    3446    //Solutions//Documentmanagement
            257    5    200    Expense management    615    en-US    744    //Solutions//Expensemanagement

Rows where parentid=584 (Solutions --> Document Management Sub-branch)

614    1    584    Overview        en-US    3513    //Solutions//Documentmanagement//Overview
            261    3    584    Proof of delivery    NULL    NULL    758    //Solutions//Documentmanagement//Proofofdelivery
            260    5    584    Supplier invoice processing        en-US    754    //Solutions//Documentmanagement//Supplierinvoiceprocessing
            263    7    584    Invoice approval    NULL    en-US    766    //Solutions//Documentmanagement//Invoiceapproval
            746    9    584    Remittance advice    NULL    en-US    4432    //Solutions//Documentmanagement//Remittanceadvice
            262    11    584    Sales order processing    NULL    en-US    762    //Solutions//Documentmanagement//Salesorderprocessing
            259    13    584    Electronic invoicing    NULL    en-US    750    //Solutions//Documentmanagement//Electronicinvoicing
            258    15    584    Collections management    NULL    NULL    745    //Solutions//Documentmanagement//Collectionsmanagement

Rows where parentid=805 (French version of Solutions branch)

811    3    805    Overview (fr-FR)        fr-FR    5395    //Solutions(fr-FR)//Overview(fr-FR)
            817    5    805    Document management (fr-FR)    614    fr-FR    5439    //Solutions(fr-FR)//Documentmanagement(fr-FR)
            835    7    805    Expense management (fr-FR)    615    fr-FR    5573    //Solutions(fr-FR)//Expensemanagement(fr-FR)

Rows where parentid=817 (French Solutions --> Document Management Sub branch)

823    3    817    Overview (fr-FR)        fr-FR    5467    //Solutions(fr-FR)//Documentmanagement(fr-FR)//Overview(fr-FR)
            829    7    817    Supplier invoice processing (fr-FR)        fr-FR    5511    //Solutions(fr-FR)//Documentmanagement(fr-FR)//Supplierinvoiceprocessing(fr-FR)
            883    9    817    Invoice approval (fr-FR)        fr-FR    6013    //Solutions(fr-FR)//Documentmanagement(fr-FR)//Invoiceapproval(fr-FR)
            889    11    817    Remittance advice (fr-FR)        fr-FR    6067    //Solutions(fr-FR)//Documentmanagement(fr-FR)//Remittanceadvice(fr-FR)
            895    13    817    Sales order processing (fr-FR)        fr-FR    6123    //Solutions(fr-FR)//Documentmanagement(fr-FR)//Salesorderprocessing(fr-FR)
            901    15    817    Electronic invoicing (fr-FR)        fr-FR    6183    //Solutions(fr-FR)//Documentmanagement(fr-FR)//Electronicinvoicing(fr-FR)

If i recall correctly, previously the localised subpages where still under the Solutions branch, so any non-localised pages would still appear. I think this is how it should work.

My next step is too rename the localised tab pages and hope the structure stays in place.

Veteran Member

I have had strange issues too and untill now it was always a DB inconsistancy that existed before localising.
              Most common was a parent that had a different language from the child page.

try:

SELECT

Tabs.TabID,
                  Tabs.PortalID,
                  Tabs.TabName,
                  Tabs.ParentId,
                  Tabs.TabPath,
                  Tabs.IsDeleted,
                  Tabs.CultureCode as TabCultureCode,
                  ParentTabs.TabName as ParentTabName,
                  ParentTabs.CultureCode AS ParentCultureCode,
                  Tabs.Level as TabLevel,
                  ParentTabs.Level AS ParentLevel
              FROM         Tabs INNER JOIN
                                    Tabs AS ParentTabs ON Tabs.ParentId = ParentTabs.TabID
              WHERE NOT Tabs.ParentId IS NULL AND not (Tabs.CultureCode = ParentTabs.CultureCode) and tabs.PortalID = x

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
              2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
              3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
              4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
              5. No Flaming or Trolling.
              6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
              7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
              8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved