DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Persona Bar Customization

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Is there a way to set the default folder for the Asset module on the Persona Bar?  Either at the user level or for the whole portal.

Thanks,
    Scott

Veteran Member

You can not set the folder in the persona bar. But since the asset module is a module, you can drop it on a page and set the default folder.
      Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
      Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
      We just love DNN
      https://www.tjeps.com

New Around Here

Hey.  We are using Evoq 9.6.1.  I don't see the Asset Module available in the list of modules to add to a page.   I don't see it under Modules under Settings -> Extensions either.

Veteran Member

The correct name is "Digital Asset Management".

Happy DNNing!
          Michael

Michael Tobisch
          DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
          DNN Connect

Veteran Member

Or the resource manager. The digital asset manageris th eóld one' and is still shipped but we advice to install te resource manager and uninstall the DAM

Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
            Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
            We just love DNN
            https://www.tjeps.com

New Around Here

I guess I didn't give a full story of what we have going on. We are running DNN Evoq 9.6.1 and trying to remove the modules that are reliant on Telerik. So Digital Asset Manager is one of the modules we are replacing. So the Asset module on the persona bar is working just fine. Just a nice to have if we could default the folder.

I guess the Resource Manager module isn't available until 9.8. No worries. We will stick with Asset Manager.

Thanks for feedback.

Veteran Member

For security reasons, you are advised to upgrade your DNN to latest version (9.10.1 at the moment) and remove Telerik modules and support according to the release notes. This includes replacing Digital Assets Management (DAM) module by new Ressource Management, which unfortunately currently does not support the full feature set of DAM. A 3rd party alternative would be Evotiva User Files (which has the advantage of being templateble).
                You may also provide content of a single folder by using DNN Community Links module.

New Around Here

We are running the paid version of Evoq which is still running DNN Platform 9.6.1 unless I'm totally missing something (https://www.dnnsoftware.c...duct-versions.html).

When I asked DNN Corp about when a new version of Evoq will be built over v9.8 or v10.0.   I was told: 

"Currently, we do not have an ETA on when the newer version of Evoq will be built on top of DNN Platform v9.8 or v10.0."

That is concerning that they don't even have an ETA.  We are seriously thinking of going away from DNN Evoq.  I wish we would of stayed with the Community Version.   

Veteran Member

There are some people around in the community that have already moved clients "back" to the DNN Platform successfully. I would recommend to use The site for finding DNN experts (dodnn.work) to find someone who is able to do this.

Happy DNNing!
                    Michael

Michael Tobisch
                    DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
                    DNN Connect
                    You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                    2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                    3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                    4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                    5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                    6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                    7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                    8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved