DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Website Error: Service is not available

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

A few days I made some changes on my site (I added a contact form). Today I tried to backup my server and clone it on ESXI. I did it because i tried to create a new server for a new website. I upgraded DNN on the cloned server and after that admin options and other things appeared in blank on the cloned server, but on the production server, also appeard things in blank. After that i restarted the "good" one and site appeared with that error "Service is not available". Someone can help please?

Veteran Member

Please check if your application pool has started. If not, and if it goes down after every start of the website, check the Windows Event Logs for the reason, and try to fix it.

Happy DNNing!
      Michael

Michael Tobisch
      DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
      DNN Connect

New Around Here

Should I check this on IIS? or where should I check application pool?. Which event log, there are many of them

Veteran Member

yes, check IIS manager and ensure, website and app pool are started.

New Around Here

Checking on App pool on IIS, website is up and configured as integrated. Also, checked the windows event logs I saw the following errors for ASP.Net, One appeared on 02/03/22 but error on the website was not present, the second error is a warning that appeared also the same date and in both cases problem wasn't present yet. Any other consideration, Please is very important to have website online, our company needs it

Veteran Member

what exactly did you change on production server, before it stopped working?

New Around Here

Actually, I didn't change anything, at least that's what I think, that's because I cloned that VM. After clonning process I worked on cloned VM, I changed things in the machine on this order: 

1. Change IP address
                2. Change IIS (Ports related to website and a new website)
                3. Upgrade DNN version

After those changes, I noted that in the production VM, any option was in blank. I restarted the VM and the problem appeared. After that i tried to restore productivity VM from it backup but the result was the same, website does no work

New Around Here

Seeing in the error, I noticed that the error says the following: "No sites currently exist for this installation. - 503 Service Unavailable" but there was a site until monday, What happened to my site?. In the cloned computer I don't remember if I deleted the domain and web.config was configured to connect to the real DB (DB is on another server). I was using always localhost but i am not sure if the changes were made in the real DB

Veteran Member

did you adjust database connection string in your web.config?
                    Did you adjust domain address in database table portalAlias?
                    You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                    2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                    3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                    4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                    5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                    6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                    7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                    8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved