DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Slow Xmod Pro Page Refreshes

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

We are seeing over 20-60 second refreshes on some of our DNN pages that use Xmod Pro to pull data from our SQL Database.  We've had this intranet site up and running for a couple of years without issues but this problem started about a week ago.  It doesn't seem to matter if we are using a jquery plugin or not.  We are running DNN 09.03.02 (24) and XMOD Pro 4.8.0.

Running a query on the DB is instant, and pouring over logs we've not seen anything specific... 

Just not sure where else to look/check...

Any recommendations? Thank you!

Veteran Member

Welcome, Eric!  :)  

There could be a ton of things to potentially troubleshoot.  However, I have no clue how to troubleshoot XMod.  You'll need to contact the vendor support for that part.  This includes potentially upgrading the module, if possible. 

In the meantime, I'd suggest performing some data maintenance.  Be sure the amount of data is acceptable for your resources.  Reindex and/or reorganize the indexes.  Check to be sure the correct indexes are actually in place for the queries being made.  Determine whether the amount of data being pulled for initial page loads is actually necessary (e.g., load pages of 10 instead of 100).  

Also, I'm sure you know someone will mention it, but the more recent versions of DNN are much faster than 9.3.2.  I'd suggest upgrading DNN ASAP for that and various security concerns.   

There is more that can be done, but this should be a good starting point.  :) 

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved